Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Aramark's leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation's leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world. Description
Our Leisure group within SLC specializes in serving consumers; recreational and entertainment needs in national and state parks, zoos, aquariums, science centers, museums and other day-use cultural attractions.
The scope of our operations includes operating lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise shops, fine dining restaurants, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks.
We have been active partners with the National Park Service and various zoos, aquariums, and other cultural attractions for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States in over 12 states. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Some of the national and state parks in which we operate include:
- Asilomar Conference Center, California
- Denali National Park, Alaska
- Glacier Bay, Alaska
- Lake Powell Resorts and Marina, Arizona
- Zephyr Cove Resort & Marinas, Nevada
- Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado
- Olympic Peninsula, Washington
- Togwotee Mountain Lodge, Wyoming
- Yosemite National Park, California
- Responsible for many of the non-selling aspects of the retail operation that includes the following: inventory management, warehouse management, receiving, ticketing and distribution. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise the management of labor and mentoring of selling associates.
- Work with HR department to hire staff, ensure proper staffing for events, staying within payroll budget.
- Ensure development and training of customer service programs and product knowledge.
- Training on point-of-sale registers and inventory guns.
- Supervise daily store operations
- Ensure proper procedures for opening and closing the store, including accountability of cash and credit cards, and security requirements.
- Address and resolve any customer issues.
- Verify accountability report of financial transactions, to include sales and transfers of merchandise to and from the stores.
- Periodically check and verify the proper ticketing of merchandise.
- Supervise periodic physical inventories as well as potential count discrepancies.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of 3 years retail supervisory or management experience that includes inventory management.
- Candidate must be familiar with Microsoft Office.
- All applicants must be able to work a flexible, event based schedule that includes some evenings and weekends.
- Candidate must be willing to be hands on with staff and be willing to work event-based hours that include evenings and weekends.