A leading national telecommunications, media and entertainment company, Altice USA delivers residential and business services to more than 4.6 million total customers across 20 states. Our 18,000 employees have an unwavering commitment to customers and to providing quality products and outstanding service.
Our philosophy is built around our commitment to our employees, community and customers. We are committed to providing employees with opportunities for growth and development, as well as an environment where your ideas will help us drive our business and create a more meaningful employee experience.
The company offers Suddenlink-branded digital cable television, high-speed Internet and voice services to residential and business customers across the western, midwestern and southern states. Additionally, for its business customers, Suddenlink provides targeted television and online advertising services.
At Suddenlink, we respect the individuality of all members of our team and value the richness that diversity brings to our workforce. Suddenlink is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Responsibilities:
Under close supervision, the Retail Sales Agent I assists customers primarily in person in order to provide information about company products and services. Achieves sales objectives by identifying needs and selling services. Provides assistance with billing or service questions or problems, processes payments, exchanges and/or issues Company equipment.
- Provides quality internal and external customer service by representing the Company in a consistently courteous and professional manner.
- Performs the functions of a Retail Sales Agent to include initiating contact with customers and selling, resolving problems, answering questions, sending correspondence, and generating reports
- Demonstrates a strong passion for selling Company products and services
- Meets and exceeds monthly revenue sales targets
- Accurately explains bills and Company policies and procedures concerning prices, billing and service
- Determines customer needs and educates customer in order to sell or upgrade services
- Accurately documents all sales/order activity via online database system
- Processes customer payments accurately and balances daily transactions according to established cash management procedures
- Collects delinquent accounts
- Demonstrates integrity while accessing customer databases and/or paper reference material to locate customer records and research account history
- Issues, receives, and maintains records of customer-premise equipment
- Troubleshoots service-related problems with customers; tests customer-premise equipment
- May contact customers regarding Company services
- Exercises positive and cooperative behavior that promotes teamwork
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency in using a Windows-based computer
- Keyboarding skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Bi-lingual proficiency preferred in some locations
- Customer service and/or sales experience preferred
A little about us:
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States.