Airgas, an Air Liquide company is Now Hiring
Retail Sales Representative in Fontana, CA
Are Safety, Ethics and Excellent Customer Service important to you?
Are you intrigued by supporting customers and growing sales with commercial and research labs, pharmaceutical companies, universities, and also manufacturing and aerospace companies?
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as our Retail Sales Representative!
As the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hardgoods, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 associates working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment! Position Summary:
The primary purpose of the Representative, Insides Sales will be to handle counter sales. The position is responsible for selling a variety of welding equipment, hard goods, power tools, safety supplies and industrial gases to customers. The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for providing top-notch assistance to customers in selecting proper gages / tools. Essential Job Functions:
- All duties and responsibilities shall be performed as set forth in established policies and procedures.
- Adhere to and assure compliance with the Code of Conduct/Handbook, policies and procedures and all applicable rules, regulations and standards promulgated by Federal, State and other applicable agencies or regulating bodies.
- Maintain a high level of customer service by assisting customers with will call, counter and telephone sales.
- Analyze and expedite customer orders in a timely manner. Meet customer needs by recommending appropriate products and services.
- Enter sales data, quotes or other relevant information into inventory control system.
- Assist manager in ordering appropriate merchandise to ensure stock remains at an acceptable level.
- Restock store merchandise and maintain current pricing on all store displays and products .
- Seek to expand existing customer base with all products lines.
- Prepare and deliver effective sales presentations and proposals to prospective customers
- Identify, monitor and document competitive market activities by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Ensure customer inquiries related to accounts receivable billing issues, cylinder balances, order status, time of delivery, etc. are properly handled.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Experiences, Certificates/Licenses and/or Registrations:
- Knowledge of proper customer relationship and customer service practices.
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume setting.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- T eam oriented with a continuous improvement outlook.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide and perform fraction to decimal conversions.
- Team player attitude with ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Punctual and comply with work schedule.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and inventory control systems; SAP knowledge preferred.
- Must be able to work overtime and on-call when necessary.
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required:
- High School Diploma or the equivalent ; Two (2) year degree preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in customer service and/or sales experience.
- Knowledge of welding, gases, industrial, safety supply sales preferred.
While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to sit for long periods and stand to perform work. The associate is required to reach with hands and arms, smell, talk or hear. The associate must be able to lift, push, pull or move up to fifty (50) pounds or more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy and the associate may be exposed to extreme weather. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Airgas offers a full benefits package includes:
- Hearing protection must be worn in designated areas.
- Fully enclosed shoes or safety shoes must we worn in designated areas.
- Safety glasses must be worn in designated areas.
- Must use other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, an Employee Stock Purchase Program, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...
What do our Team Members have to say?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
Airgas will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.