Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
- Since this is an event-related position, shift hours will vary with the type of event, some lasting up to 11 hours or more for an event.
- Arrive at scheduled meeting place on time, attend pre-event briefings, and verify stand assignment for each event.
- Prior to start of event, count inventory and have inventory verified by Supervisor.
- Ensure completion of Sales Associates tasks before the doors open for the event.
- Make sure stands are setup to the approval of the Tour Representative.
- Ensure work area is clean, organized and well-stocked with merchandise before and during an event.
- Approach and communicate with guests in a positive and professional manner at all times to ensure customer satisfaction; assist guests in selecting merchandise by providing explanation or description of merchandise features.
- Calculate and transact purchases accurately (cash or credit cards); perform transactions such as handling returns, voids and refunds.
- Follow proper cash handling procedures.
- Safely handle and move merchandise with pole hooks; stand on stepping stool/ladder; enter and exit openings through doorway.
- Able to work in a confined space for great lengths of time, depending on the size of the merchandise stand.
- Demonstrate willingness to partner, communicate and cooperate with fellow employees and supervisors.
- Take initiative to contact management when significant issues arise or may arise.
- Restock requests and check in restock allocations to their stand.
- Assist Supervisors in assuring breaks are given to Sales Staff including themselves and breaks are documented.
- At end of event, count cash first and handover to assigned police officer to be delivered to the Cash Room.
- Posting all ending inventory counts on stand sheets accurately.
- Extend stand sheets prior to total consolidation to determine cash-to-inventory accountability.
- If difference between cash and inventory is more than 1% plus or minus assign recount of stand merchandise to each Sales Associate to assist in finding errors that may have been responsible for the stands lack of balancing.
- Ensure accurate count of merchandise and cash, paperwork is in order for management audit, and closure on the audit with management.
- Transfer all available inventory and supplies from stand to consolidation point.
- Consolidate all inventory and supplies from stand-e.g., tee shirts should be folded in half in dozen counts.
- Help finish consolidation of stand merchandise for the Tour's final count before dismissal.
- Make sure all Sales Associates in their stand adhere to the Uniform and Appearance standards.
- Perform related duties such as transfers as requested by Merchandise Supervisor, Merchandise Manager, or General Manager.
- Complete final paperwork properly and turn in to the Merchandise Manager.
- Ensure his/her stand associates consolidate all tour merchandise and supplies from their stand to the common location and sort all stand supplies ready for transport to storage room.
- Remain with the Supervisor Team for final consolidation of all Tour Merchandise.
- Count the final merchandise for settlement with the tour.
- Box merchandise with the Supervisors after final count has been agreed upon by the Tour Rep and ARAMARK Merchandise Manager.
- Help Supervisors with the transport Merchandise to the Freight Dock for loading on the tour transport.
- Help with the transport of Merchandise supplies back to warehouse for storage.
- Read, Speak, Write and Understand the English Language fluently.
- Previous experience in the bookkeeping or accounting field.
- High School Degree.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be over 18 with a valid driver's license.
- Work in an office environment that entails weekly and monthly reporting deadlines.
- Previous accounting experience required.
- Associative Degree in Business or Accounting preferred.
Adding Machine, 10 Key Calculator, Computer, Photocopier, Printer, Telephone Travel Requirements: Little or no travel required (less than 10%) Lifting Requirements:
LIGHT - Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Physical Requirements:
REACHING NOT REQUIRED
STANDING NOT REQUIRED
WALKING NOT REQUIRED
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.