Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description
- Provides customer service to public in Retail Sales Outlet. Stocks shelves with product. Operates cash register. This position is classified as hourly.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/MAJOR DUTIES
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Inventories incoming product.
- Stocks shelves according to set standards to meet consumer demands.
- Maintains proper rotation and freshness of product.
- Maintains positive relationships and uses suggestive selling with retail customer.
- Operates cash register and accurately records sales receipts.
- Checks in stale from routes to ensure accuracy.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area.
- Practices and complies with all Company policies and procedures (EEO, Harassment, Safety, etc.).
- Performance of other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to stand for duration of shift (usually 8 hours). Ability to perform lifting, stooping, bending, and reaching motions in stocking product.
- Ability to attend work on a regular and consistent basis.
- Ability to operate cash register and required office equipment.
- Ability to generate written communication
- Speech and hearing abilities that allow the individual to communicate clearly and distinctly in English, and/or another language if required.
- Ability to distinguish color coded equipment, containers, labels, signs, etc.
- Ability to read, comprehend and practice necessary safety procedures, signs, etc.
- Ability to meet FDA and CDC guidelines on public safety for work in a food manufacturing environment
- Six or more months retail and/or customer service experience.
- No educational prerequisite; however, must have demonstrated ability to read, comprehend, write, perform basic math skills and record information applicable to the job.
- Must be outgoing and friendly
- Must possess a willingness to learn
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to read, write, and follow instructions
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.