About The Coca-Cola Company
Everyone knows Coca-Cola. It's the best-known product in the world. We've been making it since 1886 and it still tastes the same.
As a business, The Coca-Cola Company is constantly evolving - we develop new products, acquire great brands and pioneer new ways of doing things. We sell four of the world's top five non-alcoholic sparkling drinks (Coke, Coke light, Sprite and Fanta) and 3,600+ products in over 200 countries, including water, juices, energy drinks, and even tea and coffee. Altogether, that adds up to more than 1.9 billion drinks around the globe every day. Global Business Services (GBS)
GBS is The Coca-Cola Company's multi-functional internal shared-services organization providing a wide range of transactional services across all Coca-Cola business units within functional areas such as: Finance and Procurement Operations, Human Resources Operations, Workplace Strategy and Operations, Controls and Compliance, Change Practice, Operational Excellence, Data Governance, User Experience and Content, and Creative Business Solutions. Our GBS main locations are Warsaw (Poland), Drogheda (Ireland), Buenos Aires (Argentina), San José (Costa Rica), Manila (Philippines), and Atlanta (Georgia, USA). We offer our associates:
- The Coca-Cola Company's extraordinary heritage, our leading brands and the global scale of what we do.
- The challenge of meaningful work - our unique global system offers constant opportunities to develop world-class skills and a truly international career.
- A unique culture where people do what they love and live their values.
- The kind of competitive compensation you would expect from a world leader.
At The Coca-Cola Company, our people
have their own formula for turning passion into action. Together, that's how we push the world's greatest brands to new heights. What's your secret formula? Retail Trade Settlement Analyst
Alpharetta, GA Position Overview
This position is responsible for managing the daily and monthly balancing of the accounting side of the retail trade settlement and deduction management processes, interfaces, and systems. Included in these responsibilities are the creation and update of Action Profiles within the 3 rd party vendor's Deduction Management System (DMS), and to accurately record deductions so that they are distributed properly - including accurate GL accounting and write-off when appropriate. Provides correct application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the Standard Accounting Manual. Ensures that the controls surrounding the DMS system are adequate and effective. Position interfaces with internal trade deduction management team, A/R, and cash application. This position will need to be able to work independently without direct supervision. Key Responsibilities
- Daily balancing of the DMS System
- Verify API to SAP clearing , balance deduction journal
- DMS System Management
- Clear debits / credits and set-up balances
- Perform offsets / entries to resolve deductions to the general ledger
- Clear deductions to DMS suspense accounts
- SAP System Management
- Clear debits/ credits and set-up balances
- Setting residuals back up in SAP that were received into DMS in error
- Perform entries to reconcile DMS suspense account to the ledger
- DMS Month End CloseDaily offsets of unapplied customer repayments - to disallowed deductions
- Balance and submit input processors to the ledger
- Process journal vouchers / scan documents / reporting
- Reconcile accounts and matrix entries
- Coupon Deduction Management - Responsible for performing monthly trade event payment to credit provided marketing account.
- DMS Liaison - Assist in the resolution of any DMS system issues. Perform testing as needed
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient in PC Skills, including intermediate or higher skills in Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Demonstrated advanced analytical skills required
Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance and/or Accounting required or equivalent experience required. Related Experience:
2+ years of experience in Accounts Receivable, Cash Application, Finance or Accounting
- Prior experience working with internal clients and external customers to resolve finance, accounting or cash application issues required
- Month end closing processes and knowledge of accounting principals
- SAP FI, Accounts Receivable experience strongly preferred