The primary responsibility of the Retirement Counselor is to provide retirement education and expertise to our client and their employees located throughout the state of Vermont. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
The successful candidate must also:
- Developing strategic relationships with centers of influence at various client locations.
- Scheduling site visits at various client locations
- Delivering effective group presentations to diverse audiences on such topics as; features and benefits of the employer sponsored plans, budgeting, asset allocation and retirement readiness.
- Conducting effective needs-based one-on-one consultations.
- Spending 80% - 90% of their time at client locations meeting assigned goals such as generating new enrollments and increasing contribution rates.
- Working closely with internal business partners delivering increased client value.
- Be well versed in Deferred Compensation, Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution Plans as well as holistic retirement planning concepts.
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge of mutual funds/separate accounts, with an understanding of the risk/reward trade off for all securities.
- Have experience with a consultative needs-based approach helping people in a financial services environment.
A little about us:
Our support of the military includes providing civilian employment opportunities to transitioning service members and military spouses.