5444 Westheimer (31761), United States of America, Houston, Texas
Retirement Officer - Texas (Houston/Dallas)
Capital One’s Wealth and Asset Management Group (WAM) is a line of business that provides a range of asset management and financial planning products to individual and institutional clients. Capital One is looking for a seasoned leader for its Retirement business and its related products/services. This position will be responsible for the oversight of WAM’s current Retirement Consulting and Administration business. The candidate should have extensive experience and expertise in the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (“ERISA”) and be familiar with its retirement plan vehicles for institutions and institutions. For instance: defined benefit plans, defined contribution plans, IRAs.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Directly interact with Capital One’s Retirement Plan clients by providing advice and recommendations about the retirement plan as well as Capital One’s capabilities
- Leader and expert in retirement plans and ERISA
- Work with a team of Retirement professionals who manage a book of accounts where Capital One provides trustee and consulting services for a client’s retirement plan
- Establish a standardized system of administration for Retirement Plan accounts where Capital One services as trustee or consultant for institutions or individuals (e.g., account valuation, Form 5500 filings, collection of fees)
- Implement risk management practices that limit the Bank’s potential exposure to liability, fraud and criticism
- Partner with other members of WAM and the Bank to manage these accounts and assets
- Partner with the marketing function to develop concise and effective materials tailored to each market segment
- Partner with WAM’s Sales Manager to effectively position our capabilities and grow assets under management
- Partner with other areas of Capital One to implement and manage WAM’s retirement capabilities
The individual we seek is a professionally mature, confident executive who is comfortable and effective interacting with all levels of the organization. He or she should be approachable, collaborative and possess the following critical competencies:
- Change Management: The successful candidate works well in a rapidly-changing environment and is comfortable trying different or unusual approaches. He or she leads by showing resolve to carry an idea to conclusion while still considering and evaluating external opinions or suggestions.
- Strategic Vision: The successful candidate is forward thinking and anticipates and considers external forces. He or she is able to develop long-term plans to leverage resources while relating short term actions to achieve goals. The ideal candidate will anticipate likely responses to different initiatives and identify potential “what if” scenarios.
- Results Oriented: He or she needs to have the focus, tenacity and experience to drive key strategies and priorities within a large and complex organization.
- Collaboration and Influencing: The successful candidate will possess exemplary business leadership skills to help define WAM’s retirement business which will foster innovation and drive critical decision making. The candidate must be able to build strong relationships internally with other leaders within the WAM and Commercial Banking organizations. A solid track record of influencing others, building partnerships and fostering a culture of collaboration is essential
- Extensive experience in ERISA
- Ten or more years of experience in a high net worth or an institutional asset management environment
- Familiarity with global investments and broad asset classes including alternative investment, commodities, exchange traded funds, hedge funds and emerging markets
- Experience with an OCC regulated institution
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently
- Prior management experience desired
- Broad understanding of risk management tools
- Ability to translate complicated business initiatives into clear, consistent, systematic operational strategies
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 5 years of Retirement Planning experience
- Prior Management experience
- At least 5 years of experience in ERISA
- 10 years experience of Retirement Planning experience
- 10 years of experience in ERISA
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.