Under close supervision of the Returns Supervisor or other supervisory/management-level position within the Distribution Center responsible for accurately processing returns of unordered or non-saleable products to suppliers and accepting inspecting or properly disposing of customer returns and exchanges.
This position is categorized as compliance critical and as such requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division corporate and regulatory requirements.
- If available in the Distribution Center associate must be able to utilize the functions of the automated warehouse management system in order to perform daily tasks.
- Verifies that merchandise returned from ABC customer matches the Return Authorization Form UPC/NDC codes and size/strength of product.
- Verifies that quantities returned match the quantities indicated on the Return Authorization Form.
- Determines if returned merchandise is in saleable condition and forwards for restocking prepares non-saleable merchandise for return to the supplier or forwards for destruction.
- Ships returns to vendors using proper shipping documents as required; works with vendor sales representatives to return merchandise to manufacturers.
- Compiles and logs information regarding records of shipment such as ship date debit memo number and list of merchandise shipped.
- Checks for products that have been returned which will not be accepted or returned by our suppliers and prepares packages to send back to customer.
- Resolves discrepancies in morgue inventory counts with inventory control supervisor.
- Receives information regarding merchandise that has been recalled and handles appropriately.
- Complies with all safety requirements pertaining to job functions and general Distribution Center safety requirements.
- Maintains a clean work area to help ensure that merchandise remains clean and to help prevent work related injuries.
- Must be able to work overtime when necessary and participate in physical inventory.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires completion of a high school diploma general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires less than one (1) year of equivalent work experience.
- Ability to read and understand the English language for the purpose of reading product labels.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented.
- Ability to use good judgment in order to carry out detailed instructions.
- Basic computer skills preferred.