The Revenue Recognition group ensures the consistent application of Oracle's Corporate Revenue Recognition Policies via the review of global license, hardware, support, consulting, and other services contracts.
As a Revenue Analyst you will review signed contracts for compliance with US GAAP and with Oracle's Revenue Recognition and Corporate policies, adjusting the amount of revenue recognized as necessary. You will also:
- Assist in the processing of revenue impacting adjustments and ensure the adjustments are recorded accurately and timely.
- Involve in the draft stage when the contract is under negotiation to identify the potential Revenue recognition risk for the non-standard terms and structure.
- Work with various internal customers to help resolve related revenue recognition inquiries.
- Assist in facilitating the automation and improvement of current processes and procedures.
- Work with cross-functional teams (Deal Management, Sales, Legal, A/R, Credit and Collections, etc.) to resolve revenue recognition issues.
- Participate in special projects as assigned
- Big 4 experience preferred although not essential;
- BS in Accounting or Finance with 1 to 2 years of accounting experience preferred;
- Strong analytical, prioritization and communication skills in partnering within the Global Revenue Recognition Group;
- Ability to interpret, present and explain complex accounting issues to various internal business contacts;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Oracle Financials;
- Advanced level of English and Spanish/ Portuguese or other language is a plus;
Ensures that revenue is recognized in accordance with Corporate and SEC standards. Provides direction to sales organization prior to contracts being concluded.
As a member of Revenue Accounting you will assist in the processing of revenue impacting adjustments and reconciling balance sheet account. Monitor revenue, reconcile receivables, and unearned accounts. Work with internal customers to resolve related revenue inquiries. Assist in facilitating the automation of current processes and procedures. You may participate in special projects.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. Strong analytical, prioritization and communication skills in partnering with other internal groups and management. Familiarity with Excel spreadsheets is essential. Familiarity with Oracle Financials is essential. 2 years accounting experience and BA/BS degree in Accounting or equivalent. Some positions need you to be bilingual in English and Spanish or Portuguese.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.