This Revenue Analyst role is responsible for supporting owner relations in matters involving production revenue accounting. The primary responsibility of the role will be to respond to owner inquiry involving a diverse range of production revenue topics and issue explanations/notifications of revenue overpayments to property owners. Key accountabilities
- Support the owner relations function, with emphasis on the review and sense test of proposed explanations and responses received from accounting services.
- Independent investigation and analysis of owner issues seeking process gaps or other root cause identification.
- Prepare formal letters for mass mailing notifications or correspondence with individual owners.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with owner relations call agents, accounting service providers, and revenue coordinators.
- Accountable for analysis and reconciliation efforts associated with the owners payable and lease suspense balance sheet accounts.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business from a fully accredited college or university.Essential experience and job requirements
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- 1+ year of relevant experience
- Prefer prior Production Revenue Accounting or Division of Interest oil & gas experience.
- In addition, the candidate should demonstrate the following skills:
- Self-starter with a bias for action oriented problem solving
- Ability to convey results with confidence and credibility
- Ability to manage multiple/conflicting priorities and deliver under pressure
- Ability to coach, challenge, and influence other team members and peers
- Flexibility and commitment to delivery is essential
- Looks for innovative ways to do things better, faster, and more efficiently
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in formal written correspondence.
- Strong analytical and communication skills
N/ADesirable criteria & qualifications
Experience with SAP PRA Relocation available
NoIs this a part time position?
BP's US Lower 48 (L48) Onshore business operates across a vast US geography, from Texas north through the Rocky Mountains. The business manages a diverse portfolio which includes an extensive unconventional resource base of about 7.5 billion barrels of oil equivalent across 5.5 million gross acres in some of the largest and most well-known basins in the US. Headquartered in Houston (Texas), L48 employs about 1,700 people across six states, operates more than 9,600 producing wells and has 70,000 royalty owners. Our vision is to be the most respected and admired oil and gas company in the Lower 48 US states.
Our Wyoming operations are anchored on the giant Wamsutter tight gas field in the south central part of the state. In the San Juan area of Colorado and New Mexico we produce from tight gas sands and operate the largest coal-bed methane field in the US. Our Mid-Continent operations cover the prolific Anadarko, and is home to the famed East Texas basin, along with the Woodford shale gas play and Arkoma basin. We also have non-operating interests in over 10,000 wells across the US with substantial positions in both the Eagle Ford and Fayetteville shale basins.
In 2015, the L48 Onshore is being established as a separate business within BP's Upstream to manage its onshore oil and gas assets across the US onshore. This effort is being undertaken to improve competitiveness and help L48 remain at the forefront of innovation and development of technologies for unconventional resources.
[ "03-Dec-2016" ]
A little about us:
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.