Have an impact on patient experience and employee satisfaction as well as the success of the hospital and Shared Services Center! Come to work for Parallon, an organization of prominence and sterling reputation which can position the best and brightest for continued growth, development and promotion!
We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
Parallon, a division of HCA, is an industry-leading provider of patient financial and revenue cycle services to acute care providers across the United States. We are dedicated to our values and passionate about finding future leaders for our fast-growing divisions in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Although we are the largest healthcare provider in the world and experts and leaders in revenue cycle services, we maintain a people-first culture and sense of community.
The Collections Director is responsible for daily operations of all collection functions. The Director interprets policies and procedures, recommends changes as appropriate, and provides relevant feedback to SSC leadership. In this leadership role, this person also serves as a key promoter of the SSC as a service organization which strives to meet and exceed the needs of its customers. Duties include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Oversees SSC operations of all Collections functions such as monitoring third party accounts receivable, account follow-up, account resolution, AR reconciliation, IPLAN changes, releasing balance to patients, insurance settlements and maintaining the Artiva master files.
- Process Artiva Master File updates or pool changes as needed.
- Timely Review of high dollar accounts and appropriate escalation as needed.
- Provide guidance to the Collections management team and other SSC Directors to resolve internal and external issues.
- Provide strategic leadership for the Collections area.
- Stay abreast of regulatory requirements and company compliance policies, ensuring timely staff education.
- Inform Collections Management and staff regarding payer requirement, significant changes and developments
- Technical Expertise - Some understanding of healthcare including knowledge of healthcare terms and accounts receivable processes
- Strategic Analysis - Analytical Review skills and ability to make decisions based on analysis
- Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
- Tactical Execution - oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
- Financial Management - applies tools and processes to successfully manage to budget
- Project Management - assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
- Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately. The ability to communicate with staff, Parallon Management, Division and Group Executives
- Customer Orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Interpersonal Skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
- PC Skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- Basic Skills - demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes, have ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands, ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly. Spell correctly and transcribe accuratel
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field required. If a desired applicant does not have a Bachelor's Degree the requirement can be waived IF they are currently in a Bachelor Degree program.
- Minimum 5 years healthcare management experience with three of these years in the related area for the position.
At Parallon, every employee is a valued member of our organization. You can expect to receive competitive salary, ongoing professional development, comprehensive benefits package, performance bonuses and more!
Check us out or follow us on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/parallon-business-solutions