Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter . Description
Based in Washington, DC ; The Revenue Management/Rates Specialist is responsible for strategic initiatives to optimize revenue growth at the Georgetown University Hotel & Conference Center . Working closely with operations, the GUHCC operations Team , and the Director of Sales & Marketing this position will assist in providing guidance on pricing, packages, promotions and 3rd party distribution. This position will lead weekly RevMax meetings where booking Pace, forecast, rate and fencing strategy as well as new ideas to generate occupancy and revenue.
- Developing timely and accurate forecasts
- Achieve sales targets by managing a dynamic pricing model based on current demand patters
- Regularly review competitive sets on all distribution channels
- Manage strategy across all channels (Central Reservations, Brand.com, GDS, OTAs and other 3rd party channels)
- Conduct Group vs. Transient displacement analysis
- Provide assistance in the development of the annual rooms budget using a metric based approach
- Conduct weekly RevMax meetings with the operations teams as well as the Sales and Marketing team
- Train operations team members on the principles and practices of Revenue Management
- Contribute to the development of the annual marketing plan
- Regular weekly communication with the Director of Sales & Marketing to discuss pace, forecast, yield strategy as well as management of third party channels
- Acts as the channel manager for all distribution for locations at Georgetown University Hotel & Conference Center
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required.
- 3 years' experience in sales, group catering events or like employment
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Planning, organizing and effective time management skills
- Experience with computer applications including but not limited to: Microsoft Office, Maestro, Opera, Springer Miller System or other property management systems. Other experience with sales based CRM applications
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet established goals & objectives
- General financial acumen
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.