Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
Become a member of the Workday Worldwide Revenue Management Accounting team. We are seeking an experienced Revenue Recognition Manager
that will be responsible for providing technical accounting analysis in accordance with U.S. GAAP and Company policies. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, a great communicator and who thrives in a dynamic fast-paced environment. The candidate will work with various cross functional teams and report to the Senior Manager of Global Revenue Recognition. Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day accounting activities of up to 3 members of the revenue recognition team.
- Manage deal review communications between revenue team and Sales, Sales Operations and Legal during contract negotiations and provide guidance and assistance to ensure proper revenue recognition.
- Complete month-end close activities and accurate reporting of key revenue data.
- Review reconciliations and other key processes within the worldwide revenue close process.
- Work closely with business partners to streamline processes and improve efficiency utilizing the Workday solution, Salesforce.com and Apttus.
- Provide guidance in accordance with ASC Topic 606
- Maintain continuous mindset for process efficiency and partner with IT to facilitate those improvements
- Partner with Order-to-Cash cross functional teams (Sales, Legal, Deal Desk, Sales Ops, Finance, and/or AR) to ensure all fully executed agreements are properly booked and recognized in our systems to ensure accuracy in quarterly metrics.
- Review revenue related agreements in Salesforce.com / Apttus contract management, and review and enter contracts into Workday Revenue Management.
- Manage the standalone selling price analysis.
- Maintain accurate performance of key SOX controls and business processes.
- Provide assistance in drafting revenue recognition policies and memos.
- Lead other special projects and ad hoc reporting requests as needed
- Member of the worldwide revenue recognition and operations management team.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
- CPA with Big 4 experience preferred.
- 8+ years related experience in Revenue / Accounting roles with 4+ years managing personnel.
- Experience with SaaS/Technology industry preferred
- A highly productive self-starter with very strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
- Strong accountability and detail oriented; prepares accurate and timely work product.
- Ability to work independently and thrive, and be a team player.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and messaging skills.
- Ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment.
- Capable of moving between a variety of roles with ease with working with cross functional teams.
- Understanding of global quote-to-cash business processes and best practices.
- Advanced Excel skills, Salesforce.com, Apttus, and experience using Workday.
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.