Rework Material Handler
This position is responsible for the processing of edible rework product and disposal of inedible product.
- Perform the job duties in a manner that is safe for yourself and others around you, including compliance with confined space, PPE, fall
protection, and all other safety practices.
- Melt down edible product and destroy inedible product. Maintain daily inventory of reusable and destroyed product.
- Keep work area and containers clean and in good condition.
- Help maintain cleanliness in dry goods area of east warehouse.
- Assist Mix Room Technical Operators as time permits and work on learning duties of that position.
- Be involved with WMC program and take part in continuous improvement process.
Work is performed on the manufacturing floor, parts rooms, and receiving areas. Potential hazards include proximity of moving machinery, chemical exposure, noise, or heavy lifting. The position may require an individual to stand, stoop, move equipment; bend, reach, or lift for prolonged periods of time. PPE includes safety glasses, hearing protection and sanitary footwear. Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Able to lift 50 lbs. frequently throughout shift.
- Able to work in warm, humid environment.
- Able to record and understand written information.
- Experience in a food-processing environment
PREFERRED / DESIRABLE:
- Applicant must be a committed team worker with a strong sense of responsibility and good attention to detail. Effective problem solving skills and an agile mind are essential.
- IT Skills –Must be competent in the use of Microsoft Office; Excel and Word programmes.
Experience of manufacturing in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods Company is desirable but not essential.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.