GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Start your career on the right path.
Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Perform the daily operations of plants to ensure reliability and consistency on the production line. Includes Repair Shop. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant technologies.
• Generate NC Programs from SolidWorks/CAMWorks, NX or other CAD/CAM packages
• Read and understand process operation sheets, tooling sheets, tech plans, blueprints, sketches or verbal instruction to produce development or production hardware
• Use measuring equipment, such as micrometers, caliper and gauges to inspect and record data
• Create process planning and support revisions of production planning as appropriate for process changes
• Troubleshoot process issues, support production and provide direction to other employees involved with development and production
• Understand cell production, part and process flow and have a desire to apply lean concepts
• Be an active contributing member of a high performance, self-directed work team with minimum supervision
• Successfully complete applicable special processes and operator certification requirements and all required compliance training
• Perform tasks that require manual dexterity
• Associate's Degree in a related field or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum 4 years of relevant amount of experience in troubleshooting and setup of CNC/NC machines
• Experience in SolidWorks/CAMWorks, UG/NX and programming CNC machines
• Tool and fixture design
• Willingness and ability to lift up to 25 pounds, as required
• Willingness and ability to work 2nd shift
• Proven ability to demonstrate external focus, clear thinking, inclusiveness, expertise, imagination & courage
• External Focus and in-tune with outside customers and environment
• Ability to help others see the potential impact of their decisions
• Works collaboratively and respects all others
• Continuously develops self and others
• Embraces ambiguity and engages others in idea generation
• Ability to use the computer for tasks including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Must be safety conscious
• Must attend and successfully pass a state sponsored pre-employment training class for consideration
• Flexibility to work off shifts
• Mechanical aptitude
• Demonstrated history of delivering results
• Ability and willingness to balance multiple priorities
• Demonstrated ability with computer systems
• Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills
• Successfully complete applicable special processes and operator certification requirements
• Ability to receive guidance and supervision; follow work rules, safety practices, work procedures; meet deadlines; punctuality and attendance standards, etc.
Locations: United States; Illinois; Loves Park
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.