Top Three Skills:1. 5+ years of RF Systems Engineering experience, preferably utilizing LMR (Land Mobile Radio) (ie. performing site walks, designing systems, implementing the communication system).
2. Knowledge of Bi-Directional Amplifier (BDA) or distributed antenna system (DAS) for wireless service within a geographic area or structure
3. Must have experience with the network components of communication systems. (ie. subnetting, IP Addressing, creating IP Plans, WAN, MPLS, T1's, and Microwave knowledge as it related to communication networks.)
***They are open to someone from a traditional wireless background, does not have to be LMR****
Job Description: Our customer is the largest communications solutions provider to the Federal Government supporting various agency's and departments. This will be a Linthicum, MD based position for a RF Systems Engineer with wireless experience communications system design and site survey experience. This engineer will be mainly supporting DOJ, DHS, DOE and DOS.
Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering degree required.Must be legally eligible for employment in the US.
our client has a multi-year contract with Federal Entities to support survey, design, and installation of UHF (406-420MHz) land mobile radio systems. The survey is designed to document the existing system and to plan for removal of that system and design/installation of a replacement system. Systems are small and typically consist of one or two digital TDMA repeaters tied to five to ten in-building antennas. Engineering support tasks include:
* Perform site surveys and testing of performance/coverage of existing RF communications systems
* Gather frequency information on-site using frequency counter
* Gather existing system in-building system configuration from on-site survey
* Generate Survey Reports (report of current system configuration and new recommended communications solution)
* Build bill of material listing (i.e. equipment list), must be proficient with Excel
* Generate System Description
* Finalize Bill of Materials (equipment list)
* Support order bridging process.
* Generate Acceptance Test Plans
* Telephone support (field questions when installers call about survey/pre-sale documentation questions)
* Conduct in-field coverage testing (in-building voice quality testing)
* Finalize System Documentation
BSEE or BSCE degrees preferred, but a relative BS is required.
Additional Information: *Able to travel up to 30% of the time. Able to place in front of customers.
Candidates should know that they need to have their own credit card but all travel will be reimbursed. TEK can help make the airline reservations to help with some of the cost. The hotel and rental car and meal reimbursement is a two week process. Basically turn in your expenses on Monday and then you will get paid out the 2nd Thursday, one week behind the paycheck.Candidates will use our clients timecard and a TEKsystems expense sheet.
NEED TO BE A US CITIZEN.
Any type of networking background is a nice to have (CompTia Courses, CCNA, Net+, Etc)
In order to convert with our client they must have a BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
Work Environment: They work in a cube environment very similar to TEKsystems/Aerotek. The work hours are relatively flexible, our current contractors usually come in at around 9:00 am or 9:30 am. However, if they need to drop off their family, have doctors appointments, . . .etc. our client is very flexible with their work schedule.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.