What you’ll be doing...
The RF Traffic Engineer contributes to the planning and design of the regional cellular network including but not limited to:
- Planning of New Build and Embedded Base projects for the current year and future years.
- Ability to troubleshoot and manage both System Performance and RF related projects with a sound understanding of System Performance principles and KPIs.
- Ability to manage and navigate proficiently through Salesforce and Siterra.
- Search area issuance, candidate assessment, and approvals within assigned area of responsibility.
- Redesign of mature network areas to maximize performance and minimize capacity constraints.
- Performing Macro/Micro Cell Design including antenna selection and placement.
- Partnering with System Performance to improve network performance for existing and emerging technologies.
- Preparing timely FCC/FAA and FAS submissions.
- Conducting data analysis of switch statistics and drive data by conducting drive testing for potential sites, new site integration, and system optimization.
- Performing radio engineering evaluation for system planning and site acquisition.
- Ability to use RF propagation and planning tools.
- Conducting and overseeing field tests for potential sites.
- Planning frequency assignments and identifying technical parameters for network growth.
- Planning near term integration of new technologies for first applications in the network.
- Identifying causes of RF interference and troubleshooting interference problems with system performance.
- Attending and presenting testimony at zoning hearings in support of new cell site proposals.
- Contributing in the development of long term build plans.
- Utilizing knowledge of CDMA, EVDO, LTE and microwave to contribute in network design.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in the cellular or telecommunications industry.
Even better if you have:
- Master's degree.
- Five or more years of experience in the cellular or telecommunications industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge in several of the following platforms and/or technologies.
- System Design including: LTE, CDMA, EVDO.
- Voice cells infrastructure including: Lucent and Motorola.
- Proficiency in office computer applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access, MapInfo,GeoPlan.
- Excellent analytic, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to perform with general guidance and a thorough understanding of the job and the department's expectations and goals.
- Decision making skills (making appropriate use of available information and data, making sound decisions with minimal support from Manager, and being responsible for specific projects or definable portions of larger projects or processes).
- Leadership skills (commitment to excellence, demonstrating company values and policies, initiating action, accepting responsibility for results, and making quality decisions).
- Flexibility to attempt alternate solutions to resolve issues and seamlessly adjust to a dynamic, changing business environment.
- Superior organizational and project planning skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, listening attentively, applying appropriate grammar, and integrating large volumes of information from multiple sources.
- Willingness to work occasional night or weekend as needed.
- Willingness to travel - Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Valid driver's license.
- Programming background.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.