What you will do:
Johnson Controls invites you to apply for a Co-Op position on our Tyco Retail Solutions team located in Boca Raton, FL. This co-op is designed to provide you with a positive work/training experience and challenging objectives.
Tyco Retail Solutions, a division of Johnson Controls, is a leading global provider of integrated retail performance and security solutions, deployed today at more than 80 percent of the world's top 200 retailers. Customers range from single-store boutiques to global retail enterprises. Over the past 40 years, our retail solutions have kept hundreds of millions of people safe. Our Sensormatic electronic article surveillance (EAS) products have protected more than 80 million products in the past decade, making it the most trusted brand in retail loss prevention. Operating in more than 70 countries worldwide, Tyco Retail Solutions provides retailers with real-time visibility to their inventory and assets to improve operations optimize profitability and create memorable shopper experiences.
The mission of the Professional Services Team is to provide detailed business support during the sales and post sales process for our RFID, Traffic and EAS solutions. This group is comprised of four core teams: Program Management, Business Solutions, Technical Archeirct and Implementation Management. These teams work together on projects with additional internal support from Operations, Product Mangement and Development teams to ensure that the software is delivered and installed properly. All of our deliverables require a custom installtion to ensure that it meets the needs of both small and large retailers. It's imperative that all of the teams work in unisense to assure that we deliver excellent results. How you will do it:
The Implementation Managers are responsible for driving the successful rollout of retail solutions for SPS clients. These are comprised of RFID-based inventory visibility solutions, people counting traffic intelligence solutions, and EAS-based loss prevention solutions.
The IM has ownership of these key phases of the deployment process:
These are the roles of an experienced IM. A co-op IM will have a managed subset, as described below:
- Planning internal solution staging
- Planning and directing any field service activities pre-rollout (site surveys, etc)
- Producing generic and customer specific deployment documentation
- Managing TRS resources throughout the deployment process
- Triaging issues as they arise and escalating as necessary to Product Management, Engineering, etc.
- Assist in testing and documenting new hardware and software solutions.
- Investigate functionality issues to identify process or system anomalies.
- Develop customer-facing documentation
- System installation procedures
- Test Processes
- Solution white papers
Co-Op duration: FT, Spring & Summer 2018
#internship What we look for Required Qualifications:
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited U.S. college or university working towards a Bachelor's degree
- Completed at least sophomore level
- Pursuing a Business, Engineering, Computer Science degree with an IT focus.
- Presentation & document development (academic acceptable)
- IT 'super user'
- Customer facing experience
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the U.S.
- Available to work full-time- spring & summer 2018
Who we are
- Excellent written communication skills
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Prezi or similar experience
- Database experience a plus
- General IT/Networking skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills required
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.