Primary Objective and Purpose:
Using a strong project management discipline and positive, flexible approach, the RFP Strategist coordinates the completion of RFP responses that accurately and favorably present Prudential Retirement’s products and services to the market. The RFP Strategist is responsible for directing the strategic and custom positioning of RFP responses by actively participating in and facilitating strategy calls with selling team members to better understand the prospect’s needs; how we want to differentiate products and services and communicating the key project milestone dates to the team. Focus on and achievement of all milestone dates to deliver RFP responses on time and accurately is crucial. The expectation is that this individual will be adaptable to changes in process and seek out further process improvements. The RFP Strategist continually seeks to enhance RFP content through continuous outreach to subject matter experts and sharing knowledge gained with the rest of the RFP team. This individual will be a team player, willing to help out peers, and be a strong advocate for the team both within the department and externally. Job Responsibilities:
- Complete multiple assignments (RFPs, RFIs, proposals, pricing requests), occurring concurrently, accurately and within established timeframes/milestones.
- Effectively conduct strategic strategy sessions with sales team to gain understanding of prospect and how to best position the RFP response. Will come to all strategy sessions with value add information on the prospect and/or information on our book of business that is similar to the prospect.
- Provide accurate RFP drafts to appropriate partners by established milestone date, utilizing milestone checklist to ensure all deliverables have been completed.
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with members of the selling team and various subject matter experts to gain an understanding of their roles and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates sense of urgency with all projects and flexibility in responding to last-minute changes.
- Seek to meet and exceed expectations with project deliverables and customer service.
- Proactively learn Prudential’s products and services in order to represent them effectively and in a persuasive RFP style.
- Show creativity as needed to customize responses to address specific questions with the understanding that our primary source of content is the RFP database.
- Partner and share knowledge with other members of the RFP team.
- Partner effectively with the team’s Production Specialists to ensure all final files are submitted for printing.
- Verify accurate licensing and pricing approval on all projects prior to production.
- Update the team’s workflow tracking database as needed (e.g. milestone dates, hours, etc.) to reflect project status.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Ideal candidates will have at least two years Retirement and/or Financial Services experience, or a background in RFP response development
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to consistently exceed deliverables in a high volume production environment; must be able to manage workflow and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- BA or BS degree or equivalent, relevant work experience
- FINRA Series 6 licensed or ability to obtain within 120 days of hire
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal skills, attention to detail; excellent copy editing, grammar and punctuation skills are essential
- Must possess ability to work independently and within the team to meet deadlines and prepare responses with a high degree of accuracy
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, proactive, resourceful, and able to exercise sound judgment
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Experience with Qvidian RFP Product Suite or other RFP development software programs is a plus
A little about us:
Prudential was founded on the belief that being financially prepared is a right, not a privilege.