Del Sol Medical Center is a Level II Trauma, 347 bed acute care TJC accredited hospital. Within our hospital campus, we also house an Inpatient, CARF accredited Rehabilitation Hospital. We are located on the Eastside of El Paso, Texas right off of Interstate 10. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: The obstetric ante, and postpartum patient including but not limited to vaginal and cesarean section deliveries. Population will also include the neonate. GYN patients will also be included in the population served on 4-South. POSITION SUMMARY:
To provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
` ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process for OB/GYN and antepartum patients.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients' right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Other duties as assigned.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
- Minimum College: Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN, required.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
- Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state. Required.
- Current BLS certification. Required
- Current NRP certification upon hire (Exception: GN must obtain within six (6) months from date of hire). Required
- S.T.A.B.L.E. certification must be obtained within six (6) months from date of hire. Required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Labor and delivery, obstetrics and gynecology and postpartum experience preferred.