Janssen, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Rheumatology Medical Affairs Intern. Janssen is the name given to Johnson & Johnson’s global group of pharmaceutical companies. These companies market both conventional and biotech products in a broad range of therapeutic areas.
The internship is offered by the Rheumatology group within the Medical Affairs division of Janssen Biotechnology. The Rheumatology Medical Affairs group supports Janssen products approved for use in patients with rheumatoid or psoriatic arthritis as well as ankylosing spondylitis. The Internship Program is focused on providing college students with practical industrial scientific and clinical experience.
The Rheumatology Medical Affairs Intern will:
• work collaboratively with medical affairs staff supporting ongoing projects
• assist with activities associated with an ongoing phase 4 clinical study
• participate in ongoing project team meetings including slide preparation for study updates and identified issues.
• be exposed to various other functions within the larger Medical Affairs group
• Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a PharmD or Bachelor degree in Pharmacy.
• Candidates must be available to work part-time (up to 10 hours/week).
• Students who have completed three years of college coursework year will be considered.
• Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
• Demonstrated leadership is required.
• Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
• Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team
• Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel (including a high proficiency with generating pivot tables and graphs), and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Additional technical competencies in Sharepoint and other information technology systems are highly desirable, as is experience with PubMed databases and other literature databases.
• Candidates with academic and/or industrial clinical trial experience are strongly preferred.
• A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
• Participation in campus/community service activities is desired.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.