RIA Sales Consultant - TX
Company: The Hartford
Location: Wayne, Pennsylvania
Posted: December 01, 2017
Reference ID: 1703068
Job Title: RIA Sales Consultant
Location: Preferred Location is Dallas or Houston. Territory coverage includes: TX, OK, NM, CO, KS, NE, IA
Overview of the role: Our RIA Sales Consultant is responsible for directing sales efforts for Hartford Funds into the assigned geographic territory by identifying, developing relationships with RIA's, Bank Trust and Private Wealth Groups. This individual is expected to grow and develop business opportunities in the assigned territory. This would involve becoming a detailed expert in articulating the strategy of Hartford Funds specific investment strategies, as well as become a key driver in optimizing and growing the product capabilities for the firm.
Responsibilities of the role:
• Develop a business plan to drive sales leveraging Hartford Funds product positioning on RIA's, Bank Trust and Private Wealth Groups and other centers of influence to drive sales
• Work to increase sales within region by developing and maintaining new and existing relationships
• Works in coordination with internal sales partner, providing direction for outbound sales call campaigns and strategic territory coverage.
• Responds to inquiries and resolves problems of a complex nature with key representatives and firms.
• Stays current and up-to-date with market, economic and industry trends, as well as competitor products.
• Maintains a detailed level of knowledge of Hartford Funds products and services.
• Supplies input concerning industry developments and client needs for incorporation into company's strategic marketing decisions.
• Operates a regional budget by making appropriate allocations to maximize sales opportunities while staying within annual regional expense limit.
• Prepares an annual regional business plan.
• Requires high activity level of face-to-face selling.
• Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred (finance, marketing, or economics).
• Five plus years financial sales experience calling on RIA's, Bank Trust and Private Wealth Groups
• Position requires knowledge of the mutual funds market, and an existing network of RIA's in assigned territory.
• Proven track record of sales success in assigned territory.
• Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and relationship building skills.
• Quantitative and financial analysis skills a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence
• Excellent group presentation and financial sales skills.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Aptitude to creatively address complex issues and problems and provide guidance to senior management
• Must be self-motivated and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
• Must reside within assigned geographic territory.
• Must have ability to travel overnight approximately 70% of time.
• CIMA or CFA Designation preferred
• FINRA Series 7 and 63 required
WHY JOIN HARTFORD FUNDS?
Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Wayne, PA, Hartford Funds is a leading provider of mutual funds, strategic beta ETFs and 529 college savings plans. The company offers a broad range of strategies designed to provide solutions for a variety of investment needs. Hartford Funds has total assets under management of $91.5 billion as of June 30, 2017 (excluding assets used in certain annuity products). Hartford Funds are primarily sub-advised by Wellington Management or Schroder Investment Management, two leading investment advisors.
At Hartford Funds, we believe in human-centric investing-a unique approach that utilizes deep research and insights to understand the rational and emotional ways investors think about money, their investments and their financial advisors, and then create solutions and advisor tools designed to serve those investors and their mindsets.
Hartford Funds embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit where all employees are encouraged to 'act like an owner' of the firm, and live Hartford Funds' human-centric investing approach. Employees work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, that is focused on strengthening financial advisor-client relationships by helping investors better realize their true life goals.
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At Hartford Funds, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, and more.
This position may be subject to The Hartford Funds political contributions policy.
Hartford Funds is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Hartford Funds maintains a drug-free workplace.
Committed to Building Inclusion and Leveraging Diversity
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **