Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (WM) provides a range of wealth management products and services for individuals, businesses and institutions. These services include brokerage and investment advisory, financial and wealth planning, credit and lending, cash management, annuities and insurance, retirement, trust and estate planning, stock plan administration and institutional consulting.
Graystone Consulting, a business of Morgan Stanley within the Wealth Management division, is a global leader in the institutional advisory business, serving a wide variety of institutional clients including: foundations & endowments, corporate pension plans, 401K plans, Taft-Hartley funds, healthcare funds and public pension plans. Each of our 57 teams across the country are led by an Institutional Consulting director, who brings more than an average of 20 years industry experience.
The Institutional Wealth Management Risk Analyst will be responsible for supporting and managing Business Operational Risk and Control efforts across Graystone Consulting:
• C oordinate Risk and Control Self Assessments (RSCAs):
- Capture inventory of new and current risks from various sources (Audit, Targeted Testing, Self-Testing, Technology Security Architecture, Vendor and Supplier Risk, Procedure Testing)
- Participate in front-to-back review of Business Unit Processes, Risks and Controls, ownership to accurately determine Residual Risk rankings, mitigation strategies, and impacts to the business and Firm.
- Support/oversee control testing to ensure key risks are mitigated
- Assess data from Risk reporting systems such as RADAR, RECap and iRespond incidents to determine if their associated process and risks are captured in the RCSAs.
- Monitor progress of remedial actions and assist business units in completing action plans to prevent action plan date extensions.
• Issue Tracking :
- Monitor risk issues, remedial action and resolution including Risk Acceptances from all sources (Audit, Targeted Testing, Self-Assessments)
- Identify common themes/issues and produce Operational Risk Metrics.
- Monitor Action Plan status and target dates, roles and target date changes.
- Send notifications to Owners/Implementers regarding upcoming due dates
- Perform Closure Verification of action plans to ensure evidence of action plan completion is documented in the Firm's system RADAR and Open Pages
• Graystone Oversight Functions:
- Review client correspondence and ensure accuracy of institutional client portfolio performance reporting activity
- Review activity to ensure accurate and eligible billing activity among institutional financial consulting teams
- Monthly, quarterly & annual reviews of Institutional Performance report generation, plans with discretion and fund performance
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Two to Four years of industry work experience. Exposure to or interest in the wealth management business is strongly desired
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with business partners
• Highly detail-oriented with the ability to leverage available resources to work efficiently
• Self-starter capable of solving problems and managing projects from start to finish. Must be highly motivated with a strong work ethic and a will to succeed
• Prior project management skills
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience in business strategy, management consulting, or careers where a similar skill set is developed and demonstrated
• Ability to work in a team environment and partner with multiple individuals across various groups
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.