Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Job Description AVP Job Description:
The Global Operations Risk and Control group is part of the 1 st Line of Defense framework for Global Operations. The Assistant Vice President will be responsible for driving the design, development and implementation of key risk programs, methods and frameworks. The team works closely with Global Operations Functional Managers at all levels to ensure key operational risks and controls are aligned and regulatory obligations are understood and complied with. The team works closely with ERM, Compliance, BU Risk teams, Internal Audit and others to implement a sound risk management framework and support for a global program. Major Responsibilities
Assist with developing and implementing a sound risk and compliance management framework and program within Global Operations:
- Develop an understanding of business strategy, critical success factors, risk profile and potential exposures.
- Assist with identifying optimal operational risk and compliance management tools to conduct independent risk assessment analysis and holistic end-to-end process reviews.
- Lead team that will perform deep dive reviews within the COEs/Shared Services and test key control points, assess risk, and provide relevant finding/ recommendations on improving internal controls.
- Investigate and assess operational losses; analyze root causes and trends. Develop capabilities to track/assess impacts of measures introduced to mitigate.
- Conduct trend analysis, KRIs, losses, near missies, root causes, etc. and participate in the development and delivery of risk training programs to address key needs.
- Act as a liaison with other internal control groups on risk related issues.
- Close liaison with ERM, Compliance and Audit to ensure coordination of all risk based forums to maximize effectiveness and impact within Global Ops.
- Work with ERM, Compliance & Global Ops Training team to ensure appropriate Risk Training programs in place.
- Serves as liaison with other Risk disciplines, internal departments, Regulators and other external parties.
- Serves as a subject matter expert, providing ongoing direction and consultative advice to the COEs with respect to risk management policies, guidelines, and best practices.
- Ability to think strategically and assist with the design and implementation of a risk framework and governance structure within Global Operations.
- Ability to design and implement operational practices in support of corporate policies
- Project management skills and process thinking strongly desired
- 5+ years of experience, preferably within financial services, accounting, audit, or risk; knowledge of Global Operations and/or other State Street business units a plus.
- Strong communications skills (both written and oral) ability to interact effectively across all levels of management within Global Ops and throughout the organization.
- Must be data driven with an analytical and inquisitive mindset
- Ability to assess and determine acceptable levels of risk within a service or process. Ability to make assessments and recommendations on effective risk mitigation.
- Self-motivated individual, who enjoys undertaking challenges, can assimilate information quickly and outline action plans and recommendations in a complex and changing environment
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.