Power Power Generation Services
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Risk & Reliability Engineer
Services/Installed Base Engineering
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Atlanta, Greenville, Richmond, Schenectady
The Risk and Reliability Engineer will perform analyses to support Power Services and New Product initiatives related to Reliability, Availability, Maintainability both planned and unplanned maintenance for Gas Turbine product related programs. This position will have the opportunity to work with various stakeholders across GE Power businesses including Thermal Systems Engineering, Component Centers of Excellence, Power Generation Services, and Product Line Management.
* Support Sales with combined-cycle and simple-cycle reliability analyses on a programmatic and ad-hoc basis.
* Support Condition Based Maintenance, Degradation Based Maintenance, Reliability Centered Maintenance, Hot Section Life Entitlement efforts, and PGS.
* Catalog inputs for Margin Review with gas capital unplanned outage risk and fallout forecasts.
* Generate forecasting models for emergent work at planned outages.
* Support parts forecasting for inventory optimization.
* Monitor field and shop data for leading indicators of emerging fleet issues or PGS productivity erosion.
* Execute Design For Reliability on NPI programs to position GE products in competitive Reliability and Availability Guarantee position.
* Research field events and build predictive models using Weibull Analysis methods and other statistical tools.
* Combine component-level (i.e. Weibull) life models using a range of simulation methods to create system and fleet level predictions of risk for a variety of scenarios.
Perform FMEA's (Failure Modes & Effects Analysis) and risk profiling of components on new products through collaboration with design teams.
* Provide domain expertise to support customer meetings and / or collaborative efforts as required.
* Provide analysis in support of Root Cause Analyze (RCA)s, Technical Information Letter (TIL) creation, Operations & Maintenance (O&M) projects, and GE Digital Twin reliability.
* Execute work in accordance with the GE Power Engineering design practices and quality procedures.
* Contribute to continuous improvement in both the products and engineering processes.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university.
* Two+ years engineering experience in turbo-machinery, design, analytics, or power plant domain.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Green Belt Certified (GE Employees only).
* Reliability Practitioner Program Certified (RPP) (GE Employees only).
* Self-starter able to develop, document, and execute engineering assignments with limited supervision.
* Engineering design experience in gas turbine flange-to-flange equipment including turbine, combustion, compressor, or rotor.
* Engineering design and validation experience in thermal power plant equipment, such as steam turbines, gas turbine, controls, or accessories.
* Experience working in a Power Plant operations and maintenance role with strong working knowledge of BOP equipment.
* Experience executing or facilitating FMEA.
* Experience working with a global engineering team.
* Experience working in a cross functional organization, i.e. - systems, controls, performance.
* Ability to rapidly change directions on multiple concurrent projects based on emergent business priorities.
* Effective interpersonal and influencing skills.
* Effective communication skills, oral and written.
* Demonstrated technical skills.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.