Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
This is a leadership position overseeing the recently-established Banking and Treasury Management Services Control Unit. This new unit will represent the US Banking and Treasury Management Services business unit on risk-based corporate committees and liaise with partners such as Compliance, Enterprise Risk Management, and auditors on risk management matters and control testing. This candidate will become a subject matter expert on a body of regulations including banking, payment system, cyber, vendor due diligence, and privacy, as well as enterprise policies meant to reduce State Street's risk exposure globally. In addition to being fluent on the operational processes and controls, the candidate will oversee KPI and KRI reporting, identify trends, elevate concerns, and monitor key business unit performance against the regulatory landscape. Additionally, the candidate will oversee the development of a process to support the business with internal and external audits, including by producing reports and monitoring progress. Lastly, the candidate will have an active role in the Third Party Risk Management Program by working with our service providers and vendors to complete vendor due diligence activities and evaluating risks, and constructing remediation plans.
- Implement process improvements
- Manage internal client deliverables
- Identify, resolve, report or escalate exceptions, breaches and suspicious activities as required by our risk and compliance programs
- Define and implement company initiatives, policies, and best practices
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to develop business relationships within and outside of the organization.
- Ability to think independently and be innovative in finding solutions
- Analytical approach with research skills
- Capable of working independently and to deadlines
- Motivated, flexible, open personality; team based approach
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritize, and accept responsibility
- Strong problem resolution and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate negotiation, managerial and leadership skills.
- Ability to act as a role model for the company
- Proven track record in applying company internal controls and policies
- Ability to build, train, mentor and manage efficient and effective teams.
- Project management skills an advantage
Competent to Expert with a minimum of a Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
8-10 years of experience in retail banking and/or Compliance
This candidate must have superb communication, organization, and presentation skills and have experience interacting with and influencing senior managers
Job Opening ID
State Street Job ID: 147014
Location: Quincy, MA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.