PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit http://pwc.to/pwcassurance for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.Job Description
Boards of Directors and executive management recognize the ever increasing importance of effective risk management efforts in meeting their organization's strategic objectives.
PwC's Risk Assurance practice has developed a holistic approach to risk that protects businesses, facilitates strategic decision making and enhances efficiency. Our holistic approach is complimented by the extensive risk and controls technical knowledge and sector-specific experience our Risk Assurance professionals possess.
The end result is a risk solution that is tailored to meet the unique needs of a company.
Areas where our Risk Assurance practice can bring value to an organization include:
- Leveraging industry and technical expertise to assist management to address more effectively risks associated with their business
- Assisting management in the assessment of project risks and controls
- Enhancing internal audit functions to further align to company strategy and risk
- Reducing company costs through strategic internal audit outsourcing and co-sourcing solutions
- Increasing value and reducing costs of compliance-related activities
- Identifying opportunities for companies to effectively mitigate risk and improve business performance
- Applying the concepts of Enterprise Risk Management to help companies identify, assess, mitigate and proactively consider emerging risks
The Risk Assurance Innovation group is developing capabilities leveraging the latest in Open Source technologies to automate and accelerate our client engagements across the enterprise.
We are focused on incorporating the latest in machine learning, Big Data, NoSQL and data processing techniques to include structured and unstructured information in a loosely coupled ecosystem delivering a technology platform that positions PwC for the future.
Every day we are experimenting with new tools and capabilities, working in the cloud, integrating within the Linux environment, using a mix of Scala and Java components and deploying the most sophisticated data stores and processing infrastructure available.
Our team is comfortable performing tasks at any level of the technology stack ranging from backend database to front end UI helping where problems exist and being flexible in approach collaborating with others. Every day our team:
- Works with various data stores to include SQL, NO-SQL and distributed file system storage
- Develop and integrate capabilities across APIs with back-end services written in one or more languages, e.g. Java, Scala, REST, etc.
- Experiment with Big Data tools and open source technologies as well as research 3rd party technologiesPosition/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 5 years of managerial roles involving risk assurance technology innovations
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in one of the following: Accounting, Finance/Economics, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, Statistics Mathematics, Regulatory Compliance, Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics and/or other business field of study.
Degree Preferred: Master's degree in Computer Science or other related technical field
Demonstrates proven intimate knowledge and/or success in one or more of the following areas, preferably for the US risk assurance practice of a global network of professional services consulting firms:
- Performance as a team leader, leading teams to generate a vision, establish direction and motivate members, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, coach staff, and encourage improvement and innovation;
- Knowledge of enterprise systems design, application scaling, performance evaluation and architecture refinement;
- Experience with Java, Scala based platforms, open source tooling and Linux OS development;
- Understanding of NoSQL database models, XML, relational and other database models and associated SQL;
- Knowledge of Natural Language Processing, Named Entity Recognition, Machine Learning and general unstructured data analytics; and,
- Knowledge of full stack development with comfort and familiarity of continuous integration tooling such as Docker, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet.
Demonstrates proven intimate abilities and/or success in one or more of the following areas, preferably for the US risk assurance practice of a global network of professional services consulting firms:
- Creation of design documentation, assisting in project planning and leading staff in the development of complex systems.
- Extensive proficiency with algorithm optimization, system security and distributed computing.
- Management of multi-tier applications, leveraging loosely coupled services, into composable capabilities.
- Ability to code backend business services and assist in front end UI efforts.
- Utilization and leadership know-how of the open source community, especially working with a large array of open source tools / libraries and languages.
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.