PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit http://pwc.to/pwcassurance for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.Job Description
Boards of Directors and executive management recognize the ever increasing importance of effective risk management efforts in meeting their organization's strategic objectives.
PwC's Risk Assurance practice has developed a holistic approach to risk that protects businesses, facilitates strategic decision making and enhances efficiency. Our holistic approach is complimented by the extensive risk and controls technical knowledge and sector-specific experience our Risk Assurance professionals possess.
The end result is a risk solution that is tailored to meet the unique needs of a company.
Areas where our Risk Assurance practice can bring value to an organization include:
- Leveraging industry and technical expertise to assist management to address more effectively risks associated with their business
- Assisting management in the assessment of project risks and controls
- Enhancing internal audit functions to further align to company strategy and risk
- Reducing company costs through strategic internal audit outsourcing and co-sourcing solutions
- Increasing value and reducing costs of compliance-related activities
- Identifying opportunities for companies to effectively mitigate risk and improve business performance
- Applying the concepts of Enterprise Risk Management to help companies identify, assess, mitigate and proactively consider emerging risks
The Risk Assurance Innovation group is developing capabilities leveraging the latest in Open Source technologies to automate and accelerate our client engagements across the enterprise.
We are focused on incorporating the latest in machine learning, Big Data, NoSQL and data processing techniques to include structured and unstructured information in a loosely coupled ecosystem delivering a technology platform that positions PwC for the future.
Every day we are experimenting with new tools and capabilities, working in the cloud, integrating within the Linux environment, using a mix of Scala and Java components and deploying the most sophisticated data stores and processing infrastructure available.
Software data engineers seek to gain insight and improve automation efficiencies through data processing, combining machine learning, statistical analysis and the latest in software development tools. Every day our team:
- Work with various data stores to include SQL, NO-SQL and distributed filesystem storage
- Enhance our data pipeline by developing new transformations and determining relevant machine learning and data mining techniques on both structured and unstructured data
- Develop and integrate capabilities across APIs with back-end services written in one or more languages, e.g. Java, Scala, REST, etc.
- Experiment with Big Data tools and open source technologies as well as research 3rd party technologiesPosition/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 3 years of software development experience.
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in one of the following: Accounting, Finance/Economics, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, Statistics Mathematics, Regulatory Compliance, Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics and/or other business field of study.
Degree Preferred: Master's degree in Computer Science, or other technical related field
Demonstrates thorough knowledge of, and or success in roles performing or leading workstreams involving, software development within the Linux OS environment for a global network of professional services consulting firms, emphasizing the following areas:
- Machine learning algorithms and statistical analysis techniques;
- Java or Scala software development languages;
- Statistical analysis libraries in languages such as Python, R, Java, Scala (mllib, weka, mahout, h2o etc.);
- BI tools;
- REST services;
- Relational databases and SQL; and,
- NoSQL data stores.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and success with performing or leading workstreams involving, software development within the Linux OS environment for a global network of professional services consulting firms, emphasizing the following areas:
- Data ETL â€“ extract transform and load;
- Java and/or Scala, especially object-oriented design;
- Pattern matching, regex creation and approaches to decompose unstructured text;
- Algorithm optimization to utilize and maximize system resources in a big data environment; and,
- Data management, especially small data modeling work (R, Knime, Julia, Octave, Python), big data modeling work (Spark, Hadoop, etc.); and, statistical and machine learning algorithms in an application workflow.
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.