Plano 3 (31063), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Risk Assurance Manager – Home Equity
As a Manager in Home Equity’s Risk Office you will play a critical role in Managing the Risk Assurance Team ensuring that control testing performed by quality assurance and quality control functions in the business is executed correctly and is designed to confirm compliance with the applicable regulatory requirements. You will also be responsible for analyzing the portfolio of Home Equity controls to identify performance results that warrant research and to identify trends that indicate existing controls may not effectively measure risk.
- Manage the Risk Assurance Team that validates control testing results executed by QA and QC functions in the Home Equity business:
- Confirm controls are designed to effectively prevent or detect non-compliance with specific requirements.
- Ensure controls are executed in alignment with the design and identify cases where control testing is executed poorly.
- Verify that the control mix for High, Medium and Low risk regulatory requirements aligns to the FS compliance controls guideline.
- Perform control analysis on the portfolio of Home Equity controls to identify areas in the business that require further attention and research and make recommendations on how they should be addressed.
- Through obtaining a clear understanding of business strategies, products, services, and risk profile; and
- By acting as an independent and effective challenger of the business.
- Work with the Home Equity Risk Office to develop a control monitoring program that checks for compliance with control design standards and testing frequencies
- Work with the Home Equity Risk Office team to develop reporting to measure the health and effectiveness of all Home Equity 1st Line of Defense controls.
- Manage the annual Credit Control Review performed by Credit Risk Management.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Home Equity business functions, Corporate Compliance and associates in the control assurance teams across Financial Services.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 4 years of Risk Management experience
- At least 2 years of experience in process management
- At least 6 years of Risk Management experience
- At least 4 years of experience in process management
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to accomplish complex time-sensitive projects
- Six Sigma Lean, Green Belt certification
- Experience as an SLQ2CQ Process Manager Knowledge of Process Engineering and or Industrial Engineering Experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.