Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal is seeking interns to work with us for 12 weeks during the summer of 2018. We are looking for stellar interns who will graduate between December 2018 and June 2019. We will be taking applications until April 1, 2018.
A successful candidate joining the Risk Management team will help to manage the operational risk under an enterprise risk framework to minimize the total Company cost over time. Improve user experience, enable revenues, and take on end-to-end execution of team projects - all while supporting the stakeholders involved. You are someone who loves to learn and is adaptable to change as you work with large sets of data and identify and implement processing improvements. We're looking for leaders with the knowledge and confidence to make savvy decisions and roll out big changes for PayPal. Basic Requirements
- Pursuing doctorate or equivalent in Computer Science, Math, or related major
- Proven ability to work independently and make good decisions with minimal direction
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong analytical skills - analyze complex data, draw accurate conclusions, make business recommendations
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word - familiarity working with SQL
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proven ability to lead project(s) to conclusion within assigned timelines
- Ability to approach problems in a quantitative and qualitative manner, and partner with the business to understand their needs and drive solutions
- Has the knowledge and confidence to implement strategic changes to the business owners
Position Location: Varies
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.