Ocala Health encompasses Ocala Regional Medical Center
, currently a 222-bed facility located in the heart of Ocala, and West Marion Community Hospital , a 94-bed hospital located in West Marion County. The hospitals offer a host of other quality and award winning services including bariatric surgery , orthopedic care and joint replacement , robotic surgery , cardiac and vascular services including open heart surgery and interventional procedures, emergency , neurological and rehabilitation services. Ocala Regional Medical Center is also a Level II Trauma Center . Ocala Health's outpatient facilities include Family Care Specialists, a primary care network of seven locations throughout Marion County; Advanced Imaging Centers with two locations; a freestanding Wound and Hyperbaric Center ; a Senior Wellness Community Center ; and four surgical and physician specialty practices. Position Summary:
Coordination of activities of the hospital-wide risk management program related to loss prevention and claims control which are designed to identify, assess and reduce potential risk associated with all patients, visitors, staff, and medical staff of the hospital.
Responsibilities, as assigned by the Director of Patient Safety. Act as Risk Management liaison in the absence of the Risk Manager. Ensure confidentiality of all Risk Management records, reports and information. Assists with compliance of TJC, AHCA and other regulatory agencies and legal requirements. Supports facility Risk Reduction and Clinical Safety Improvement Program goals and efforts as assigned.
Functions in a professional and supportive manner throughout the organization. Responsibilities:
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Regularly reviews and revises the Risk Management Program and conducts risk audits.
- Trends and analyzes risk management performance measures (i.e., medication errors) and reports trended data to the governing body and the appropriate committees, departments and individuals.
- Provide risk management information on medical and allied health staff to Medical Staff Services for use in credentialing process.
- Serve as liaison with insurers for the purpose of reporting potential claims, including but not limited to, professional liability, general liability, property, and auto damage.
- Works collaboratively with Health Care Indemnity (HCI), insurers and attorneys in the management of claims.
- Trends and analyzes complaints and communications same to managers, administration, and other individuals involved with risk management, safety, and quality assurance.
- Collaborates with Quality Improvement staff as needed in matters related to regulatory compliance, policy planning, and implementation.
- Plans for implements, and communicates policy/process revisions as required by changes in regulatory agency policies/laws
- Maintains current knowledge regarding Joint Commission, HCAHP's, CMS and AHCA, and other regulatory compliance standards relating to risk management
Bachelor's degree preferred EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
Five (5) years of healthcare experience required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Demonstrated skills in organization, verbal and written communications, customer service, math, analysis, reading, following instruction, basic computer usage. LICENSE/CERTIFICATION:
State of Florida Registered Nurse or other healthcare related license required.
State of Florida Licensed Healthcare Risk Manager (LHRM) licensure required or obtained within six (6) months of hire.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom