What you’ll be doing...
The SMTS – Risk Manager will work closely with the Director of Cyber Assurance. The SMTS will be responsible for leading and coordinating, articulating, and tracking actions related to developing and driving the implementation of the cyber assurance plans, ensuring effective cyber security risk management practices, and engaging with the business unit members on a wide range of cyber security matters to achieve overall business objectives. The SMTS will perform research and oversee activities as assigned primarily within risk management. The SMTS will lead technical projects across all technical areas to mitigate risk. The SMTS will engage with the business and various functions such as finance, legal, regulatory, compliance, audit, supply chain to identify risks and implement risk mitigation plans to address cyber security risks.
- Risk Management Actions – will lead and engage with the business and various functions such as finance, legal, regulatory, compliance, audit, supply chain to identify risks and lead the implementation of risk mitigation plans to address cyber security risks. Work with the business on effective risk mitigation plans and address matters requiring executive escalation and decision making.
- Risk Management Plan – Implement corporate wide cyber security risk management practices in line with defined strategy. Review key cyber security reporting metrics across the business. Provide input to the risk management strategy, both short and long term, based on changing threat and Verizon information security environment
- Business Engagement – will have responsibility for engaging with business leaders, on risk matters ranging from policy and governance to security operations. Provide administrative and tracking actions/collaboration activities in regards to the CISO interface with Business Unit Information Security Officers and the Information Security Officer Council at it applies to Risk Management. Lead and ensure coordination and consensus with other Verizon Business Unit security teams to align processes and procedures to ensure common approach to risk management activities
- Ensure all processes and access are in line with corp policies (GSAM, CPI810, etc)
- Support internal and external audits.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in IT, application development and support, and cyber security.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- 6+ years of combined experience in IT, application development and support, and cyber security. Ability to interact and provide executive level communications to VPs, SVPs and CIOs.
- Specific experience in managing information security functions, strategy and risk within a Fortune 500 company.
- Have or ability to build strong, value added, relationships with our CTA and CISO community.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Understanding of Verizon’s customers, products and services.
- Have or be able to build a strong understanding of cyber risks and adversaries to Verizon.
- Experience creating and maintaining partnering relationships with business leaders at VP, SVP, CIO levels.
- Strong communication and presentation skills along with the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and handle multiple priorities.
- Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners.
- Form a strong partnership with CISO executive leadership.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.