Risk Manager - Application & Data Management Team
Capital One's Application Data Management Team (ADM) is looking for a strategic Manager-level Risk Manager. The ADM team functions as the Application Business Owner for Consumer Operations and Core Banking Applications. Working closely with our business and technology partners, we are responsible for ensuring applications are capable of meeting current and future business needs, are well managed, and are compliant with applicable banking rules and regulations. The ADM team owns 99+ applications, provides Product Ownership for over 20 Agile teams, oversight on over 550 system changes, manages over 100 monitoring controls and 3,250 data loads, manages associate access for over 16K users and drives the Technology Modernization Roadmap for Consumer Ops.
The Manager in this role is responsible for ensuring the team processes and portfolio of applications are well governed and meet all existing and emerging regulations, laws and corporate policies. The Manager will be responsible for aligning processes with the team vision & team standards, driving programs and driving processes to reduce the operational risk exposure to the Bank. Team goals are aimed at proactively identifying and mitigating risks, resolving issues, and improving processes and systems to reduce operational risk. The candidate must be a champion for continuous improvement, have a passion for learning new technologies, and must be comfortable operating in an Agile environment.
Manager+ level competencies in communication, integrated thinking and the ability to influence are required. The candidate must be highly effective at advocating for and at influencing his/her peers and senior leadership in Operations and Technology to advance the Well Managed agenda in a collective / federated manner.
- Bachelor’s degree certification or military experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in risk and control management.
- At least 1 years of bank risk experience OR at least 1 years of bank compliance experience OR at least 1 years of bank audit experience
- At least 1 year of experience leading large projects
- At least 1 year of experience leading process improvement efforts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor of Science Degree
-3 or more years of bank risk experience OR 3 years of bank compliance experience OR at 3 years of bank audit experience
- One year of experience in Information Security
- One year of IT Release Management experience
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification OR Black Belt certification OR Master Belt certification OR Business Process Management certification OR Lean certification
- One year of experience performing in an Agile environment
- Proficiency with Tableau
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.