About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com . Department Overview The Credit Card Loss Forecasting Risk Manager is responsible for managing the creation, implementation and validation of various risk metric forecasts including, but not limited to: adjudication, exposure management, risk segmentation, collections and financial return optimization. The US Credit Cards Strategies and Credit Operations group provides critical information, interpretative, and detailed analysis, and deploys critical retail credit risk and operational strategies that ensures the US Credit Cards division meets its targets. The primary accountability for this job is providing a comprehensive and diverse range of risk management expertise. As a seasoned Risk Manager, you will investigate, create, implement and validate various risk metrics forecasts using complex data including cohort time series analysis of Delinquencies, Credit losses, Recoveries, Loss Allowances, Loss Provisions, Marketing Investments, Decision Expense, Risk Adjusted Revenue, Risk Adjusted Margin, NPV, ROE, etc. with the limited guidance from the unit manager. Job Description • Enhance loss forecasting capability using various financial modeling techniques and data sources; beginning with rudimentary tools, and ultimately progressing toward a Best-In-Class level of excellence.
• Interface with Operations teams (Collections and Credit) to help build relationships, set goals and track operations performance, particularly as it relates to portfolio delinquency and loss.
• Ensure sound credit control by taking a pro-active approach to risk management within the risk guidelines of the Bank.
• Required to demonstrate governance, control and risk management behaviors in alignment with TD policies and practices. Document all new processes per Bank policy.
• Lead / participate in the identification, development and implementation of new initiatives, operating workflow, additional services/applications or operational efficiencies including potentially leading special project teams or cross functional work groups.
• Assist with developing and enhancing credit structuring/packaging and risk assessment capabilities to identify and maintain good business opportunities with new and existing clients.
• Perform detailed analysis and interpret information to make recommendations to Senior Management on critical strategies including non-standard and adhoc requests as determined by management.
• Create portfolio performance reports on the results of credit & collections activities using all appropriate quantitative methods and MIS, and make recommendations to increase efficiencies and revenue while controlling delinquency and losses and produce those reports on a regular basis.
• Ensure the timely and effective communication of forecasting results & variance drivers; anticipating potential needs in an effort to establish and maintain good working relationships with key business stakeholders. Job Requirements • Bachelor's degree in a related field required
• Graduate Degree preferred (i.e. MBA or MS in Finance, Statistics or Econometrics) or CFA coupled with progressive work experience in addition to experience below
• 5-10 Years of related experience in Risk and/or Finance and/or Operations areas
• Proficient PC skills including a strong financial modeling competency in MS Excel, PowerPoint presentation skills, and a variety of PC-based analytical and reporting software packages.
• Experience with the use of Relational Databases and the process of Extract Transform Load (ETL) using common languages such as SQL or SAS
• Working knowledge of SAS Enterprise Miner, FICO Model Builder or Angoss Knowledge Seeker
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required to interpret data and draw conclusions.
• Experience in data modeling and risk management either from a business administration, statistical, mathematical, scientific or financial background.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) Delaware City (Primary) Wilmington
A little about us:
TD Bank is creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the people, cultures and languages of the communities we serve.