About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com . Department Overview The Risk Manager is responsible for managing the oversight and coordination of Credit Risk activities for the Nordstrom portfolios. This will include the assessment, optimization identification, and validation of various Credit Risk and operational strategies including but not limited to the oversight of new account origination and existing account management. This role has oversight of the Nordstrom program and interfaces with each of the respective stakeholders regarding all Credit Risk matters. Reporting within the US Cards Risk Management group provides critical information, interpretative, and detailed analysis, and deploys critical credit risk and operational strategies that ensures the Nordstrom Program meets its targets.
The primary accountability for this job is providing a comprehensive and diverse range of Credit Risk management expertise. As a seasoned Credit Card Risk Manager, you will investigate, create, implement and validate various Credit Risk strategies, policies and procedures using complex data, Marketing investments, Decision Expense, Risk Adjusted Revenue, Risk Adjusted Margin, NPV, ROE, etc. with limited guidance from the Unit manager . In addition, this role will be responsible for ensuring regulatory adherence and alignment across all product lines to policy, applicable laws and regulations. This role will also support all Credit Risk audit and regulatory exams for Nordstrom and have oversight on issue remediation. Job Description Ensures sound credit control by taking a pro-active approach to risk management within the risk guidelines of the bank.
• Required to demonstrate governance, control and risk management behaviors in alignment with TD policies and practices.
• Leads/ participates in the identification, development and implementation of new initiatives, operating workflow, additional services / applications or operational efficiencies including potentially leading special project teams or cross functional work groups.
• Assists with developing and enhancing Credit Risk operations with risk assessment capabilities to identify and maintain good business opportunities for the Nordstrom Program.
• Performs detailed analysis and interprets information to make recommendations to Senior Management on critical strategies including non -standard and ad-hoc requests as determined by management.
• Leverages reports on the results of implemented strategies using all appropriate quantitative methods and MIS, and makes recommendation to increase efficiencies, reduces delinquencies and or losses and or build stronger process controls.
• Ensures the timely communication of issues that are relevant to the team and encourages a good working relationship with internal and external business partners and groups.
• Works with internal Audit to obtain data for the Audit Findings reports and obtain findings status from business partners.
• Establishes and monitors SLA and KPI processes to oversee Nordstrom Credit Risk to ensure quality delivery, and ongoing measurement, striving for continuous improvement.
• Evaluates the ongoing effectiveness of Credit Risk strategies and policies taking into account changes in strategy, the operating environment, and regulatory requirements.
• Provides oversight on issue remediation and all Credit Risk initiatives and validations to ensure accurate and prompt resolution.
• Ensure alignment to all Credit Risk related Regulatory requirements and Laws Job Requirements • Graduate Degree preferred or progressive work experience in addition to experience below.
• 5-10 years related experience required
• Proficient PC skills including a strong competency in MS Excel and PowerPoint, and a variety of PC-based analytical and reporting software packages.
• Experience preferred with the use of Relational Databases and the process of Extract Transform Load (ETL) using common languages such as SQL or SAS
• Working knowledge preferred of SAS Enterprise Miner, FICO, Model Builder or Angoss Knowledge Seeker
• Experience preferred in data modeling and risk management either from a business administration, statistical, mathematical, scientific or financial background.
• Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experienced in developing and presenting recommendations to Senior Management Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) Colorado City (Primary) Centennial
A little about us:
TD Bank is creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the people, cultures and languages of the communities we serve.