Risk Manager, Small Business Operations
Capital One's National Small Business, NSB, program is launching a digital first Spark branded platform that will provide a one stop shop of banking and business management services to small and medium sized businesses. The product is built with the end customer in mind, including simple pricing, integration with 3rd party complementary services, and customer friendly policies. Due to the nature of the banking, and commerce products and the digital channel through which they will be delivered, it is essential that we manage the KYC (Know Your Customer) and Identity Management protocols through a consistent process across all of the small business channels.
As a Risk Operations Manager for Small Business KYC operations you will be responsible for leading day to day activities of approximately 20 associates engaged in the small business KYC and Merchant Acquiring operations. You will have the opportunity to build a high performing operations team that will execute high efficiency well-managed processes to deliver "one customer" experience to our small business customers.
Specifically you will have the opportunity to:
· Lead newly formed small business KYC and Identity Management Operations team for their day to day activities.
· Provide leadership to merchant acquiring underwriting team for their day to day operations.
· Develop and implement agenda for high associate engagement including individual growth and succession plans.
· Define and incorporate operations management standards for a well-managed operation that creates value through automation and purposeful human intervention in the E2E value chain.
· Implement metrics based performance measures to monitor and improve operational efficiency across areas of responsibility.
· Develop and implement training program for operations policies and procedures.
· Collaborate with operations, process excellence, project management and technology development partners to implement automation requirements for end-to-end business processes impacting Merchant Acquiring Underwriting, KYC and Identity Management Protocols.
· Use quantitative and qualitative analytics including risk assessments and scenario analysis to identify and improve operational performance.
· Assess and implement 3rd party solutions for KYC and Identity Risk Management.
· Lead and support business operations for internal audits and external exams.
· Design and integrate internal governance processes.
The success of this role will be highly dependent upon individual's ability to lead high performing operations teams. Strong analytical skills and deep subject matter expertise in KYC and Merchant Acquiring Underwriting is preferred.
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Business Administration, Accounting, Management or Economics or military experience.
· At least 2 years of experience in operations leadership and development.
· Business process management certification from a financial institution.
· Master's Degree in Business Management, Risk Management, Engineering or Science.
· 1 year of Salesforce experience
· 2 year experience in risk management in merchant acquiring business.
· 2 years of experience in Compliance or Risk management, including experience with banking laws / regulations and processes.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.