Plano 2 (31062), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Risk Manager, Third Party Supplier Management
A Manager, Supplier Management is responsible for the holistic relationship between Capital One and assigned complex, high-risk, high tiered third party relationships, to ensure a stable and efficient supply chain. Depending on the nature of the third party relationships, a Manager, Supplier Management may be responsible for more than one third party. This position is responsible for key cost management, risk management, and performance management related tasks for each of their assigned third party relationships.
Specific third party relationship responsibilities will be assigned to each Manager, Supplier Management based upon the needs of a particular Business Unit or Staff function. Depending upon organizational needs, Manager, Supplier Management roles may be embedded in operations or horizontal support groups, or they may be consolidated in centralized third party management-like functions.
A Manager, Supplier Management is responsible for ensuring that all Corporate or Business Unit level policies and procedures are adhered to and for ensuring that appropriate documentation exists for all of their assigned third party relationships
A Manager, Supplier Management is expected to work in a collaborative environment with internal customers, as well as with other appropriate stakeholder groups within Capital One.
- Act as primary point of contact for third party and manage an effective governance structure to enable the appropriate level of communication and interaction between Capital One and assigned third parties
- Endeavor to deliver year over year cost savings with managed third party relationships
- Assist in development and execution of category/supplier strategies
- Partner with internal budget owners to deliver against operating or marketing budgets
- Partner with appropriate stakeholders on negotiations for all managed third party relationships
- Responsible for proper invoice review, reconciliation and payment
- Monitor and ensure successful delivery against third party contractual obligations
- Assist in development of, and monitor, SLA's or key performance indicators for third party relationships
- Resolve performance related issues/escalations with third parties
- Produce regular performance related reporting for internal stakeholders
- Manage on-boarding/off-boarding of third parties
- Proactively identify and mitigate third party related risk.
- Synthesize risk and performance related data into a holistic assessment of assigned third parties
- Accountable for TPM policy requirements for all managed third party relationships
- Plan and conduct periodic third party business reviews, including appropriate stakeholders
- Assist in the development of appropriate business continuity/disaster recovery plans for managed third parties
- Responsible for managing all third party-related audits
- Partner with internal risk groups to ensure third party relationships are compliant with all relevant requirements
- Partner with appropriate stakeholders on sourcing activities which impact managed third party relationships
- Maintain constant awareness of external marketplace as it relates to third parties and/or relevant internal capabilities
- Identify mutually beneficial opportunities with third parties
- Travel to various third party sites and corporate locations when required
- Promote a continuous improvement culture with managed third parties
- Manage supplier training, as required
- Additional duties as assigned
- High school diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in operations management or at least 5 years of experience in procurement, vendor, or risk management
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.