Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
The individual that will fill this position will have a primary focus on balance sheet management risks and initiatives that span treasury risk disciplines, with a goal to understand the risk profile of State Street's assets and liabilities under a variety of economic and financial market environments, as measured on both a current and forecasted basis. Examples of areas of focus include the use of econometric models and cash-flow based valuation models in order to forecast investment portfolio credit losses, risk-weighted assets, and market values for the ~$100 BN investment portfolio, which is composed of both structured and non-structured fixed income securities across multiple asset classes and jurisdictions in the North American, EMEA, and Asia-Pacific regions.
Additionally, the recent regulatory environment has been rapidly changing, placing greater emphasis and more complex demands on State Street to develop new techniques, and enhance existing approaches, in its overall framework for risk measurement and risk management. Other areas of focus will be internal development of credit and cash flow models for structured securities, consideration of strategic implications of portfolio and balance sheet management in light of changing regulation and supervisory expectations, as well as participation in special projects and the review of new GT business initiatives to ensure business objectives are met within the firm's overall risk appetite.
Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead or support critical projects with high-impact on company results.
- Support senior management and regulators communications.
- Support and enhance the assessment, monitoring and reporting of liquidity and other treasury risks, and compliance with limits.
- Document analyses and processes in place.
State Street seeks well-rounded individuals with a combination of quantitative and analytical aptitude, proven leadership capabilities, strategic and creative thinking, and exceptional communication skills. Additionally, basic qualifications for the role include:
- 7+ years of demonstrated expertise in banking, fixed income, structured products markets, or risk management related to those fields.
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance, or other related field required.
- PhD or Master's degree in economics, finance, or other related field, with quantitative background a plus.
- Analytical background and good knowledge of standard quantitative methods applied to finance.
- Good understanding of financial instruments and related valuation required.
- Proficiency in Excel/MS Applications.
- Experience with Intex or other fixed income vendor products a plus.
- Strong analytical skills to be applied in understanding fixed income financial models, organizing large sets of data and synthesizing complex concepts.
- Results orientation. Willingness to work in a position with uneven and high priority project work.
- Team player with unquestionable integrity and ethical standards.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to articulate effectively ideas and analysis to senior management.
- Independent and critical thinking skills and strong financial acumen.
- Willingness and ability to master concepts quickly.
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.