Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Assess, draft, and/or update corporate risk policies. Communicate these policies to pertinent business units and evaluate their compliance with the policies. Accumulate data indicating success of policies and degrees of compliance and report to senior management. May analyze corporate or industry wide practices in order to assess current policies and develop new policies consistent with best practice and current market conditions.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serve as point of contact with all levels of assigned business unit(s). Field questions and concerns, provide guidance and/or approvals, communicate policies and procedures, ensuring issue resolution.
- Take lead on drafting and maintaining policies and procedures, reporting metrics and or status. May require presentation to and sign-off from senior management.
- Lead efforts to develop and maintain policies/procedures.
- Lead the identification of control gaps in processes and consult on process optimization.
- Lead project management efforts related to remediation of issues identified by internal and external sources.
- Contribute to the process integrity efforts related to policy exceptions, limit breach management, and other corporate requirements.
- Develop both regular and ad hoc reports to monitor business unit trends, and analyze reports to identify key issues. Distribute reports to appropriate audiences, or summarize findings for inclusion in other reports/presentations.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of related experience
• Knowledge of Single Family, Capital Markets, and/or Multifamily businesses.
• Understanding of Enterprise Risk Management concepts.
• Ability to work independently with customers across various business and functional areas.
• Ability to independently think, apply judgment, and propose thoughtful solutions.
• Strong relationship management, communication and technical writing skills.
• Ability to research and analyze information from multiple sources.
• Experience in developing management reporting for a variety of audiences.
• Experience in consulting, internal or external audit function or compliance/governance role desired. EMPLOYMENT
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.