**ADDITIONAL INFORMATION - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY**
The information between the asterisks contains specific information about this position while the information after the asterisks contains general information about jobs in this job family at Nationwide.
Nationwide Private Client Insurance is a bold insurance company dedicated to the development of our associates, unlocking profitable growth opportunities for our agents and brokers while working relentlessly to meet the distinctive coverage and service needs of our clients. We measure our success by the relationships we build and the trust we earn.
Nationwide Private Client Insurance services the affluent market and holds a rating of A+ from both A.M. Best and Standard & Poor's.
Who We Are: In looking for new and innovative ways to help consumers achieve their financial goals, Nationwide Private Client Insurance was created to serve the affluent and high net worth market for Personal Insurance. We seize opportunities, we are relentless on our clients' behalf, we listen and adapt to our agents and we respect their time. Say "yes" to Nationwide Private Client Insurance!
Please note that the job may be filled at either the Consultant, PL Loss Control or Specialist, PL Loss Control level, depending on the qualifications and related experience of the chosen applicants.
Reports to Rich Standring
Job DescriptionThe Risk Solutions Specialist is responsible for servicing the risk management needs of personal insurance accounts within a geographic area. The position reports directly to the Risk Solutions Manager.
+ Perform on site consultative visits with clients and agents to discuss loss mitigation practices appropriate for their home and lifestyle.
+ Gather information during the visit upon which to determine proper insurance to value for the home, additional structures and any other insurance exposures in a client's portfolio.
+ Recommend and facilitate vendor services as necessary that align with risk improvement recommendations.
+ Provide education relative to personal safety & security, fire and burglary protection, natural disaster planning and a variety of other issues to policyholders, agents and other interested parties.
+ Conduct building contractor interviews to determine current building trends and associated local cost data.
+ Collaborate with underwriters and agents to deliver exceptional service to policyholders.
+ Overnight travel as necessary depending on territory and client needs.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
+ Ability to respond quickly and promptly to agents and to demonstrate a sense of urgency.
+ Knowledge of residential construction practices and architectural styles.
+ Strong technical skills in building science including: outdated electrical wiring, EIFS, and residential alarm systems.
+ Knowledge of private collections management.
+ Understanding of affluent policyholder lifestyle concerns.
+ Excellent communication written and verbal communication skills.
+ Strong relationship building and listening skills.
+ Ability to manage multiple, changing priorities.
+ Ability to lead projects independently.
+ Proven ability to work independently in the field and from home.
+ Expertise in use of MSB preferred
+ Strong experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Education and Experience
+ Minimum 3 years experience in personal insurance risk management, underwriting, or similar roles with an affluent/high net worth insurance carrier preferred.
+ Knowledge of the affluent/high net worth insurance marketplace desired.
+ Bachelor's degree preferred.
This position requires that the selected candidate live within the territory the position serves. Primary territory will be northern New Jersey and other areas as determined by regional manager. Position will work from home and will preferably be domiciled in Somerset or Mercer counties.
JOB SUMMARYProvides highest level of Personal Lines Insurance Loss Control technical expertise to policyholders, Underwriting, Claims, Sales and other areas. Develops and enhances loss control policies, practices and new products to support Personal Lines Insurance. Serves as a consultant to loss control associates and external clients/vendors. May operate as a home office, territory, or operational unit responsible for large/complex accounts. May also operate as a regional or corporate resource.
RELATIONSHIPReports to Manager, Director or AVP. No direct reports.
1 Conducts research and loss analysis to identify and analyze the insured's operations or activities that present the greatest possibility of loss in a given territory or business unit. Compile, analyze and interpret statistical data and underwriting information (loss information, premiums per line of business) to mitigate the clients exposures. May also conduct routine surveys and or conduct investigations into causes of losses with insureds.
2. Visits existing or prospective customer locations and evaluates risk operation based on industry loss control best practices. Discusses home, family, lifestyle business, policies and practices, consumers and other relevant information necessary to fully understand the account. Performs site survey to evaluate risks against industry standards and recommends solutions and services that will support the policyholder in reducing and/or preventing future losses.
3. Analyze risks and hazards associated with agent portfolio, large accounts or complex issues. May also conduct prospect surveys for large or unique exposures, coordinate prospect survey activity for multi-location accounts and determine appropriate service provider.
4. Provides comprehensive corporate level survey reports to underwriting for large or unique exposure. May also conduct quality reviews on reports written by the LCRs and/or vendors.
5. Maintains open and ongoing communications with major customers, claims and underwriting management. Identifies hazards, exposures and potential loss causing activities or operations.
6. Assists other departments, agents and insured in resolving technical questions regarding audits, as well as specific safety management problems, and provides expertise to support their activities as needed.
7. Assists sales efforts for large or impactful prospects by presenting or coordinating the presentation of information on available loss control services. May also assist clients in developing specialized educational programs, training materials, or engineering control methods to improve risk management and safety programs.
8. Plans and conducts the training of loss control field staff. Evaluates the progress and modifies the training programs as needed. Conducts the training of management responsible for commercial business to ensure their understanding of loss control policies, objectives and responsibilities. Establishes performance standards for regional staff to achieve optimum quality, productivity and expense control and performs evaluations on these standards.
9. Recommends total loss control techniques through study and research of actual and potential accident-loss producing conditions. Develops technical data through instrumentation measurements for special loss control suggestions.
10. Conducts audits of regions and vendors. Provides assistance with compliance to best practices. Helps to maintain and oversee Best Practice development and maintenance.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTSEducation: BS/BA degree in insurance, business administration, economics/finance or engineering required.
Designations: Attainment of Certified Safety Professional, Associate of Loss Control Management, Associate Safety Professional or Associate in Risk Management desired. Holds licenses/certifications as required by state laws and regulations.
Experience: Minimum of 10 years experience preferred with personal lines insurance underwriting, property claims, loss control, building evaluation, residential appraisal or risk management.
Knowledge: Building construction and repair methods, Loss control policies, practices and procedures, insurance coverage and underwriting, claims and related issues.
Skills/ Competencies: Strong relationship, marketing and consulting skills required to interact with underwriting, agents, policy holders and vendors. Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to operate a personal computer and other business equipment, prioritize work, and meet deadlines. Refer to Loss Control job documentation for additional requirements.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exception to the above minimum job requirements must be approved by hiring manager's leader and HRBP.
JOB CONDITIONSOvertime Eligibility: Not Eligible (exempt)
Working Conditions: May require frequent and overnight travel. Must have a valid driver's license and maintain a good driving record. Must be able to conduct physical surveys. Must be able to climb, stoop, bend, balance on various heights, crawl and lift up to 50 lbs.
The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Job Evaluation Activity: Created 7/2013 KMP
A little about us:
Great culture. Great people. Great opportunities. Join us today and help protect what matters most.