1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Risk Specialist, Investing
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our mission is to create one of the nation’s great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
Capital One Investing’s Business Risk Office is looking for a risk specialist to provide risk management support for the Capital One Investing team. The Business Risk Office is accountable to Capital One Investing Leadership to identify and mitigate risks to achieving business objectives and launch efforts in ways that are operationally sound and meet enterprise policies. This requires strong collaboration with various leaders of the business as well as Legal, Compliance, and other enterprise business partners to ensure business strategies and efforts are both compliant and well-managed.
Partner closely with Capital One Investing business teams to enable strategies while protecting the business and our customers through the following:
- Risk Management:
- Support risk management across Capital One Investing by participating in assessments for Senior Management
- Identify opportunities to assess risk for continued improvement in the business
- Identify, document and track resolution of risk events / issues impacting customers stemming from process breakdowns or other problems, and help develop permanent corrective actions
- Present to Capital One Investing Leadership on various Risk Office efforts
- Partner proactively with other risk office groups to help document policies, processes, standards, and procedures to facilitate/demonstrate compliance with laws and regulations
- Assist in the development and implementation of risk management controls within internal systems
- Help implement new enterprise and divisional risk initiatives within the business
- Support Business Continuity efforts at various Capital One Investing locations
- Consult the business on new products and assist in the new product review process
- Project/Process Assessments:
- Work to develop strong cross functional partnerships within the Capital One Investing and the Capital One enterprise
- Provide assistance and business expertise to the first and second line business testing teams
- Assign, track, and report on quarterly Computer Based Training modules for Capital One Investing
- Ad hoc projects outside the scope of typical duties
- Assist the business in management of internal audits
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- Travel up to 15%
- Prior experience in Project, Risk, Compliance, or Process Management or Audit
- Investment industry experience or knowledge of investment products
- Series 7 licensed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and proven relationship building
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.