*1 Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to provide nursing care to the patient.
*2 Performs job tasks to ensure personal, patient, and departmental safety.
*3 Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers. Documents required information according to hospital policy.
*4 Functions in an organized and time conscious manner. Demonstrates leadership in the charge nurse role by supervising the delivery of care.
*5 Presents self in a professional manner.
*6 Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/o significant others. Uses appropriate
Patient Education documentation modality.
Required Job Qualifications include:
• Current licensure as an RN
• Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
• Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
• Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
• Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Required - Current Virginia license or license pending state board approval.
Preferred - One year experience in area of clinical expertise to which applying.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom