St. David's South Austin Medical Center - Austin, Texas Registered Nurse (RN) - 3 South Medical Surgical Telemetry Shift: FT (7A-7P, 3 days a week rotating weekends) Unit Description: 3 South
is a 36 bed Medical/Surgical Telemetry unit. The patient population consists of adults and geriatric patients with a wide variety of diagnoses. This unit provides care to telemetry patients.
The unit provides a system of self-scheduling that enables opportunity for staff to choose their working days. Position Description:
The Registered Nurse (RN) utilizes the nursing process to direct and deliver comprehensive nursing care to patients on an assigned unit in a safe and proficient manner according to individual patient needs. Provides direct patient care based upon South Austin Medical Center Hospital Standards of Care and Standards of Practice, Polices, Procedures and Practice Guidelines. Provides guidance and supervision to Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN), Nursing Technicians, Nursing Assistants and Unit Secretaries. He/she acts as patient and advocate with the Hospital environment. Assumes Charge Nurse responsibilities and accepts assignments on other units when necessary. Principal Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Position Requirements:
- Considers age related factors in the assessment, care, and treatment of pediatric patients.
- Considers principles of death and dying when caring for terminally ill oncology patients.
- Provides emotional, spiritual, religious and cultural support to patients and their significant others
- Applies principles of orthopedic nursing. He/she is familiar with various types of tractions, casts, splints and with various orthopedic surgeries.
- Applies principles of urological nursing when caring for that type of patient.
- He/she is familiar with various urological catheters and various urological surgical procedures.
- Knows how to take care and maintain central venous access catheters.
- Demonstrate understanding of HCA's and "Patients First " safety initiative by strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures.
- Current Texas RN License, required
- BLS issued by the American Heart Association Healthcare Provider, required
- Acute care hospital experience and specific experience in the clinical services, strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year acute care experience with charge experience, strongly preferred.
- Previous RN experience required for Staff RN positions.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom