Registered Nurse - RN - Bone Marrow/Stem Cell Transplant Unit Schedule: PRN (As Needed) 12 hour shifts Medical City Hospital Dallas
Medical City Dallas is currently looking for amazing nurses to join our team! Nurses who apply should feel like they have been called to take care of cancer patients in a world class setting providing patient-center care. The leadership at Medical City is dedicated to providing the best healthy work environment for nurses to practice in. Bone Marrow Transplant nurses are supported on a personal level and on an educational level as we strive to become the best place to work and practice oncology nursing! Our Bone Marrow Transplant nurses at Medical City are professionals who have completed specialty education for oncology and many hold a specialty certification in Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant. We are accredited by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons (ACOS), and in 2015 we have been awarded the prestigious Commission on Cancer Outstanding Achievement Award. The Bone marrow Transplant Program has been here since 1994 is accredited by FACT.
Come see what is happening in Oncology at Medical City Dallas and you will see...Its Better in the City!! About Medical City Hospital Dallas
Medical City was the first hospital in North Texas to achieve magnet status and is a very "special" ANCC Magnet medical center located in Dallas that is designed with the health and well-being of the entire family. Prevention of disease is our focus, but treatment, when necessary is by some of the most highly specialized physicians in the country. Our medical center offers a full service adult and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, outpatient centers, and a psychiatric hospital. Being recognized for their excellence in patient care, Medical City has received numerous awards including the Joint Commission's highest honor bestowed to hospitals in the United States.
Click the Link to find out more about our Benefits and what our employees have to say about working with Medical City.Qualifications: Education
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- BSN required within 24 months of hire into RN position.
Required Experience, Skills & Abilities
- Current RN license in the State of Texas or compact license
- Experienced as a Certified Oncology Nurse is preferred
- Current American Heart Association BLS provider
- ACLS required within one year of hire
- PALS preferred
- ONS Chemotherapy biotherapy certificate course required within 1 year
- The RN for Stem Cell Transplant and Research completes individualized training and continuing staff development through the orientation process and competency assessment
- Minimum of one-year experience in acute care hospital within the last three years, required .
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom