Your nursing experience could earn you a Sign-on Bonus! Blake Medical Center is seeking a dedicated nurse to join our Progressive Care family. New RN graduates are welcome! Apply online today! Blake Medical Center
is located in Bradenton, Florida, just minutes from the beautiful Gulf Coast beaches of Manatee County. Our 383-bed, level II trauma center and has received official verification by the American College of Surgeons. Our Internal Medicine Residency Training Program will formally begin in July of 2016, allowing us to accept and teach resident physicians at our hospital. Blake is also a proud recipient of the American Heart Association's Gold Fit Friendly Designation for our above and beyond dedication to employees' health. Also, our Florida community, North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton, ranks No. 3 overall and No. 1 in financial well-being on the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index®.
Our 42-bed Progressive Care Unit (PCU)
and 39-bed Intermediate ICU/Trauma Step-down,
both located on the fourth floor of the hospital, are committed to fulfilling our hospital's mission statement "to provide exceptional care to every patient, every time."
Make excellence your goal by joining Blake Medical Center. We are seeking only the best nursing talent! Apply online today! Qualifications: Education
- PCU and IICU host a variety of patient acuities/diagnoses including: Medical Telemetry, Pre/Post Cardiac Cath Lab (Diagnostic and PCI cases), Pre/Post Pacer-Insertion, CHF, Chest Pain, non-STEMI Cardiac diagnoses, Neuro/Stroke, Pneumonia, and Sepsis.
- Major Equipment Used: IV pumps, Dinamaps, Dopplers, Lifting Equipment, Accu-Check, Accu-Dose, Crash Cart, Telemetry
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required, BSN preferred
- Current Florida State Registered Nursing license
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) through American Heart Association required
- Current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) preferred; required within 6 months of hire
- Minimum one year RN experience preferred
- Prior completion of a formal telemetry course preferred
- Prior Cardiac PCU experience desired
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom