REGISTERED NURSE CASE MANAGER
At Grace Hospice, our mission is for each employee to treat every patient as their own treasured loved one, providing care that affords a quality of life that outweighs quantity of days, and supports caregivers as their hearts find healing.
Our program ensures that our patients will spend the final days of their journey in comfort and with dignity. If you are caring, compassionate and have a true desire to help others, becoming a member of the Grace Hospice team may be the perfect opportunity for you.
Some of the benefits and advantages of working with Grace Hospice Include:
RN Case Manager
- Grace Hospice is CHAP accredited and we are Members of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization.
- We invest in our employees' career development and growth.
- Comprehensive orientation programs for new hires
- Leadership Academy meetings held off-site regularly for continuous development of our site leadership team members (Office Manager, CS, DCS, and Administrator).
- Grace offer advancement opportunities.
- Grace Hospice has 27 locations across the U.S. and we are growing. This growth creates additional advancement opportunities for strong performers.
- We provide an innovative healthcare environment offering a clinical ladder.
- Grace is founded firmly on five pillars of excellence: People, Service, Quality, Finance, and Growth.
- Our environment offers collaboration and provides tools and programs to enhance our team's ability to provide excellent care.
- Our point-of-care system is state of the art: HomeCare HomeBase.
- Employees have access to referring physicians and other professional resources on a daily basis.
- Inter-disciplinary Team conferences are held regularly to discuss and optimize patient care.
- Our 'Meaningful Memories' program is in development to provide exceptional patient experiences.
As a Hospice RN you will participate in providing end of life care for your patients. The focus is on comfort and dignity. In this role, you will perform comprehensive physical assessments on assigned patients and provide direct care and nursing intervention as dictated by physician order, patient need and the Plan of Care. You will develop the Plan of Care in coordination with IDG. You will participate as a member of the IDG, actively coordinating all aspects of the patient's hospice care, in accordance with the current professional standards and practice. You will participate in ongoing interdisciplinary comprehensive assessments, developing and evaluating the plan of care and contributing to patient and family counseling and education. You will provide and document appropriate patient/family/caregiver teaching and instructions. You will also coordinate all patient activities including ordering/obtaining pharmaceuticals, durable medical equipment and supplies.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Recording clinical findings and services in the medical record.
- Initiating and completing all paperwork required for patient admission certification & re-certification.
- Communicating with all disciplines relative to patient/family care needs.
- Participate in Quality Assessment/Performance Improvement activities.
- Attend and p articipate in continuing education in-services activities.
- Current and unencumbered State professional Nurse license.
- One year experience as a professional nurse preferred.
- Ability to work in a field setting and exhibited ability to make sound nursing judgments.
- Ability to assess patient needs and formulate individualized patient care plans to meet those needs.
- Effective communication skills.
- Must have and maintain an automobile to be used for work.
- A bility to function in any home situation regardless of age, race, creed, color, sex, disability, or financial condition of the patient.
- Able to lift, push, and pull light to moderate loads.
- Willing to travel within the local service area to visit homebound patients.
A little about us:
Our mission is to provide high quality, compassionate and cost-effective care to our patients through clinical leadership, outcomes management and maintaining an ethical workplace.