Military & Spouses of Military are now being offered a New Hire Bonus to join our HCA team of hospitals!!
HCA is dedicated to hiring our American Heroes and bringing those iconic military branch values and work ethic to join our teams and provide care to our communities while ensuring our military and their families' success in the civilian work sector. Central Florida Regional Hospital,
a 221-bed acute care hospital, serves the communities of Seminole and west Volusia counties. Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. In recognition of this commitment, we will strive to deliver high quality, cost-effective healthcare in the communities we serve. The hospital provides the only full-service cardiovascular program in Seminole and west Volusia, including open heart surgery , interventional cardiology , electrophysiology , cardiac rehabilitation and comprehensive diagnostic services . Other specialized services include orthopedic and spine care , robotic surgery , wound care , acute inpatient medical rehabilitation , complete imaging services and The Baby Suites . Central Florida Regional Hospital is located 3.6 miles east of I-4 between S.R. 46 and Highway 17-92 in Sanford. The hospital has been designated a Level II trauma center and provides 24/7 emergency care both in Sanford and at Oviedo ER , a department of Central Florida Regional Hospital, located at 8300 Red Bug Lake Road. POSITION SUMMARY:
Provides ongoing support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation, and overall evaluation of individual patient needs. Enhances the quality of patient management and satisfaction to promote continuity of care and cost effectiveness through the integration of case management, utilization review management and discharge planning. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Ensures all admissions and continued stays meet clinical criteria for appropriateness and medical necessity. Assesses discharge planning needs and coordinates the delivery of care to meet these needs.
- Develops, initiates, and coordinates individual patient case management plans to ensure appropriate level of care across the continuum. Ensures plan meets patient's clinical, psychological and discharge needs in collaboration with the attending physician and interdisciplinary team.
- Performs admission certification screening for patients in accordance with Utilization Plan using ISD criteria, and performs concurrent stay reviews at least every 72 hours for medical necessity using ISD criteria. Maintains documentation on discharge planning notes and charts on patient's record.
- Evaluates patients educational needs concerning continuum of care and available services and provides information and materials regarding community resources, discharge options, and pre and post treatment options and costs to patient and patient families.
- Monitors and controls the use of healthcare resources to achieve desired patient outcomes, decrease length of stay, and decrease resource utilization. Identifies and documents delays in care and services and reports findings to department director.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patients care which results in patient harm.
- Completion of RN/BSN/MSN Diploma program
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Valid Florida Registered Nurse license
- Minimum of three (3) years recent acute clinical practice or related health care experience; ER, ICU, or Telemetry experience is strongly preferred.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
** Qualified Active Duty Military, Reserves or Veteran / Spouse of Active Duty Military, Reserves or Veteran (Registered Nurse, Certified Surgical Technicians and Paramedic) recruits will be eligible for a sign-on bonus when hired to join our HCA team of caregivers. Speak to a Recruiter for more details.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom