Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
• Using a standard data collection tool, obtains patient's medical history through the interview process.
• Obtains vital signs and brief history of chief complaint.
• Works with the patient and the family to develop a prioritized patient problem list and helps develop plan for care.
• Maintains ongoing monitoring and assessment of assigned patients.
• Admits, discharges and transfers patients.
• Administers medications.
• Performs treatments and procedures as directed by physician.
• Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
• Takes emergency action as required.
• Reports symptoms and significant changes in patient's condition to appropriate personnel.
• Ensures that the patient/family educational needs are met.
• Evaluates the patient/family response to care and makes appropriate adjustments as needed.
• Uses available information to evaluate patient/family progress toward goal attainment
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Experience: One (1) year of relevant experience.
Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: Possession of a valid temporary license or permanent license issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse prior to entrance on duty. Permanent license must be obtained within 3 months of appointment. BLS certification required upon hire. Additional certification(s) may be required based on department, see attachment for details.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom