Blake Medical Center is seeking a compassionate Registered Nurse to join our Burn ICU Nursing Team as Charge/Clinical Coordinator. Apply online today!
Patients Cases include: Burn, Decubitus/Flap Surgery, Grafts, Head/Neck/Hand Surgery, Revascularization, Plastics/Reconstruction, Digital Reattachments, Leech Therapy, and more. New 6-bed Unit opening March 2018! 1-2:1 Typical Patient-to-Nurse Ratio
Great opportunity to break into this specialty with a high energy team!
Blake Medical Center is proud to offer the addition of burn care services led by renowned burn surgeon and researcher, Dr. Fred Mullins. These services are available for all burn patients from emergency initial evaluation through the entire process of reconstructive surgery.
Blake Medical Center is located in Bradenton, Florida, just minutes from the beautiful Gulf Coast beaches of Manatee County. Our 383-bed, level II trauma center and has received official verification by the American College of Surgeons. Our Internal Medicine Residency Training Program formally began in July of 2016, allowing us to accept and teach resident physicians at our hospital. Blake is also a proud recipient of the American Heart Association's Gold Fit Friendly Designation for our above and beyond dedication to employees' health. Also, our Florida community, North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton, ranks No. 3 overall and No. 1 in financial well-being on the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index®.
Blake Medical Center's ICU Nursing Team is committed to fulfilling our hospital's mission statement "to provide exceptional care to every patient, every time." We're looking for top talent. Apply online today! Qualifications: Education
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required, BSN preferred.
- Current Florida State Registered Nurse or ARNP license or appropriate compact licensure. If compact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of hire.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) through American Heart Association required
- Current ACLS, PALS, and TNCC preferred, required within 6 months of hire
- ABLS preferred, required within 12 months of hire
Experience / Skills
- National Institute of Health (NIH) Stroke Scale certification required - available online at www.strokeassociation.org .
- Minimum 2 years' experience in an acute care setting
- Prior Pediatric Nursing experience desired.
- Prior Burn and Charge RN experience desired, but not required.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
**Sign-on Bonus / Relocation Bonus eligibility: 6 months prior ICU RN experience; current HCA employees or those who have been employed by HCA within the past 12 months are not eligible for sign-on bonus.